Direct sun while parked, heat issue?

jackal2001

Reaction score
Country
United States
My car is always garaged while at home or work. I went on my parents today and parked outside on a sunny day for a little over 2hrs, only 78 F outside. drove home not knowing the camera was completely dead/off. When I got home and shut the car off, I didn't hear parking recordings started, looked over and no LEDs were on at all. Had to unplug for a min and plug back in for it to start.
Hardwired using their hardware kit and supported memory card.

I'm going to guess this is a heat issue. Looked on Amazon reviews and found a few complaints that 80F outside, with direct sun, will kill this camera. Anyone ever do a teardown and fix with another heatsink/thermal paste etc?

Is Parking Mode set up and working? On the memory card parking videos should go in a separate folder.

Is Parking Mode set up and working? On the memory card parking videos should go in a separate folder.
Yes. Working correctly. I have the timeout set for 2hrs which also works correctly. Tested that a while ago.
It was recording some parking vids due to the trees moving in the wind. It either then shutdown due to heat or 2hrs expiring. When starting the car and driving it was off.

ETA, I looked at all the videos and timestamps.
At 11am I got to my parents. Parking recordings started. A few videos.
At 12pm was the last parking video.
I'm guessing I left at around 12:05 as it takes me about 15 minutes to get home.
At 12:20pm I got home and unplugged the camera and it started parking recordings again since it was parked.

Camera never exceeded the 2hrs parking timer shutoff and died shortly after 1hr being parked.

Attachments

• 20240915_151436.jpg
    20240915_151436.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I don't know then :(

I don't know then :(
Ya no problem. I wanted to crack this open but after removing the 4 screws on the main body I still couldn't figure out how to get the plastic shell apart.
I wanted to see if I can improve cooling.

Back