Display not working; Night video almost black

Kyle12

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I seem to be going from bad to worse. After a flawless two weeks after purchase, the first problem to occur was the constant charging cycle even when the product is unplugged. I managed to work around that by manually shutting the device off.

A few days later (now), my display stopped working but the video recording still works - however, the night mode video is now almost completely black (sources of direct light are small little spots on the video). It appears the light sensor doesn't work anymore - I could play with the exposure, but my display is dead and I can't see the menu!

I will post further updates after trying the HDMI connection to my TV to see if I can interact with this thing.

BTW - does anyone know if this product is sensitive to cold? It was -21C this morning and the previous problem occurred during a -36C morning. If this item is truly sensitive to cold, I'm surprised that this would cause permanent damage.

(I think its time to contact the seller...)

So, my G1W is done - 3 weeks total use. As above, I connected the HDMI cable and all I get on the TV is "No Signal" and I had the interface working before. All that I can do now is charge the battery (and watch it discharge); the auto-record doesn't work - a complete bust. I'll work on an exchange with the seller and if the same thing happens again, time to try a different one.

I'm sorry to hear that, :( hope is possible to repair

Mine gave out just after 2 weeks. No display at all but it would show that it was charging. My pc would not see it as well anymore. Contacted estore009 and they said they offer a 2 month free replacement and would cover all shipping charges. They stood by their word (which I was really happy about), received my new G1W but has only been mounted for about 2 weeks so far.

I really hope this one lasts a lot longer.

Back