DOD F900LHD video samples for comment

juggler

Reaction score
Hi,

I am not so impressed by the night mode of my F900LHD. It looks somewhat grainy. Not sure if it is a fake?

The day time video looks good to me though.

Any comments? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi juggler,

Looking at the videos, the day is very good and the night is grainy which is typical for many of the Ambarella A2S60 cameras (F900LHD, F500LHD, GS1000, etc.) The grainy video may appear disappointing but trust me there are much worse. Watching your video, it appears to be brightly lit and reading street signs is possible. Reading license plates seems a bit difficult though. Overall, the video seems reasonable.

For very good night video, you generally need a camera that costs $200+ (Itronics, BlackVue, FineVu, etc.).

To determine whether it is real or fake you need to check the firmware. I believe you mentioned your firmware was V2.29 BS-MF H. The "real" cameras have firmware ending with OTH-MF H. Even though yours is not the same as the DOD F900LHD, the quality is reasonable. I am curious where you purchased from?

Dash Cam Man

Hi juggler,

Here are some night videos from "real" F900LHD cameras for comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dash Cam Man:

Thanks for the feedback.

I got mine from Aliexpress under seller known as "Cota China". I compared the physical details from your website and it looked original. Only the firmware is different.

You're right that the night mode is already better than my previous 720P dvr.
Have you also tried it at 1280x720 resolution? I had and the result is worse than my previous 720P dvr. I was not able to read the number plates.

juggler said:
Dash Cam Man:

Thanks for the feedback.

I got mine from Aliexpress under seller known as "Cota China". I compared the physical details from your website and it looked original. Only the firmware is different.

You're right that the night mode is already better than my previous 720P dvr.
Have you also tried it at 1280x720 resolution? I had and the result is worse than my previous 720P dvr. I was not able to read the number plates.

Hi Juggler,

That is not surprising. I always run my dash cams at the highest resolution.

Dash Cam Man

Looks like I have to forgo getting the widest angle of view at 1280x720 resolution.

Back