DOD LS300W

enigmainuriz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there!
I am new to the thread and was wondering if someone has encountered the same issue I have & could help me with my issue. Recently purchased the DOD LS300W dash cam. Love it, love the clarity. The only issue I am having is when I take the SD card out and view what I recorded in my PC I get an error after viewing about the sixth frame. It keeps coming up with " windows media player cannot play file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file". Can anyone tell me why I get this error and how I can fix it? Your advise and help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• dash cam error.jpg
    dash cam error.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 8
Thanks guys but it still doesn't play after downloading VLC. Again after the 6th file nothing plays. So frustrating. This is my third dash cam and it did this with the others too. Is there something I am doing wrong that this keeps happening?

Have you tried playing same file on other PC / laptop using VLC?
What about if you play them directly on dashcam unit, still corrupted ?

Have you tried playing same file on other PC / laptop using VLC?
What about if you play them directly on dashcam unit, still corrupted ?

No, it didn't play directly on the dash cam, computer, or TV. Not sure what is going on. I am not sure, could it be the SD card? I was using a Scandisk 32 gb microSd card. I just bought a PNY Micro SD card class 10. Do you think it was the card possibly? Guess I'll find out later when I go out. Until then, is there a certain setting I need to have the dash cam on or setting I should check? I appreciate all your help.

Last edited:
No, it didn't play directly on the dash cam, computer, or TV. Not sure what is going on. I am not sure, could it be the SD card? I was using a Scandisk 32 gb microSd card. I just bought a PNY Micro SD card class 10. Do you think it was the card possibly? Guess I'll find out later when I go out. Until then, is there a certain setting I need to have the dash cam on or setting I should check? I appreciate all your help.

Have you very first time formatted microsd card inside unit before very first use?

If this same problem with 3 different dash cams, it is either the SD card or the PC. If the new SD card doesn't work, then there is something likely wrong with the PC, perhaps the right codec is not installed.

Thanks guys. So the SD card I was using was a new ScanDisk 32 gb. After purchasing a new SD card, a PNY Micro SD card class 10, it seems to working just fine. Guess these dash cams need a Class 6 or higher SD card. Woohoo. I am so glad. Thanks for all your replies.

Thanks guys. So the SD card I was using was a new ScanDisk 32 gb. After purchasing a new SD card, a PNY Micro SD card class 10, it seems to working just fine. Guess these dash cams need a Class 6 or higher SD card. Woohoo. I am so glad. Thanks for all your replies.

Actually they work perfectly even with class 4. Maybe you got faulty microsd card on the first place ?

I find i have to format the card every time i take it inside or the same thing happens to me

I hope all of you with SD card issues put your cards through h2testw and do some write/verification tests. http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/H2testw.shtml

Basically you should do this if you have such issues:

1. Does it replay fine on Dashcam?
YES = you have a problem with your PC not being able to play good files
NO = its not writing properly to SD (possibly due to bad SD)
2. Then run h2testw regardless :D
PASSED?
YES = SD card not compatible with dashcam
NO = bad SD card

Basically if you buy an SD card, the first thing you should do is plug it into your PC/Laptop and run h2testw while you do something else. Will save you time in the long run.

(this is just a quick writeup and I'm not fully awake, but I hope it helps someone)

I hope all of you with SD card issues put your cards through h2testw and do some write/verification tests. http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/H2testw.shtml

Basically you should do this if you have such issues:

1. Does it replay fine on Dashcam?
YES = you have a problem with your PC not being able to play good files
NO = its not writing properly to SD (possibly due to bad SD)
2. Then run h2testw regardless :D
PASSED?
YES = SD card not compatible with dashcam
NO = bad SD card

Basically if you buy an SD card, the first thing you should do is plug it into your PC/Laptop and run h2testw while you do something else. Will save you time in the long run.

(this is just a quick writeup and I'm not fully awake, but I hope it helps someone)
Good info

I have a dod ls300w plus. After 6 months it will not retain the sd card in, keeps spitting out. Do you know if it is a simple problem? Tried with another SD same problem.

I have a dod ls300w plus. After 6 months it will not retain the sd card in, keeps spitting out. Do you know if it is a simple problem? Tried with another SD same problem.
I've had mine since November 2013. Once I bought a class 10 PNY SD card I have NO issues what so ever. I love it! Works fawlessly

I had created a video of all my dash cam bad drivers. Hope you enjoy!

Back