DoD Player Maps

Jake Iwam

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did Google change their map API to the point where the DoD Player maps no longer work?

Updated from version 1 to version 2 and neither were showing the map location in sync with the video. Version 1 just stated the JavaScript was out of date (understandable, from 2013), version 2 just shows some random place. Map does not snap to the proper location, no driving track or current position marker.

GPS data shows up in the usual place in video.

Speed, location, and direction do not show up in video playback in the player but max speed does.

The camera is a DoD Tech LS460W and is set to show the speed during driving, it is accurate and responsive.

I don't have any old videos to try (delete them) to see if the camera did something different, but I suspect based on some other threads here that Google API is ahead of the DoD player capabilities.

Anybody else not able to view maps in this player anymore? Just looking for validation that it's not my camera or configuration.

Thanks!

Did Google change their map API to the point where the DoD Player maps no longer work?
It's probably some kind of reboot from Google. Several users have recently paid attention to this, it happens on different players, an inscription appears:
"your browser does not support google maps api java script"

Developers of players probably need to know about this and have to change something

Best regards!

Thanks! I'll check with DoD or just make a reminder to try updating the player in a few months.

Back