does anyone else have this problem?

cloudyseas

Reaction score
Country
Australia
At first i thought i might have brought a dodgy cam from a reputable seller but now i think its more to do with my mounting and the windscreen effects

I have mounted my GS2000 cam like most people directly infront of the rear view mirror so it is less conspicious but i am getting so much noise on the bottom half of the image that i think is being caused by the angle of the lense approximating the angle of the windscreen

anyone else get his or can offer a solution?

http://s7.postimg.org/edtbxezor/carcam1.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/kib504y3f/carcam2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be one of two things.

Firstly, clean your dashboard of all dust and dirt (could also be a reflection of carpeted dashboard cover).

Secondly, clean your windscreen both inside and outside.

See if that makes a difference.

thanks for window cleaning suggestions but i done both prior to mounting.

the noise is active and constantly pixelating but i think it is due to relections and windscreen angle. the big curvy shape on the left side is my passenger airbag cover

only one thing for it, mount the camera on my roof

on a serious note, has anyone ever mounted a cam at the front of their car, ie behind the radiator vents or poking out of the front skirt?

cloudyseas said:
the noise is active and constantly pixelating but i think it is due to relections and windscreen angle. the big curvy shape on the left side is my passenger airbag cover

If it's blocky pixels and noise then it would be a hardware issue and changing the mounting position should have no effect. Try contacting the seller and upload a demo video on Youtube with some sort of identifier of yourself (eBay user name) so that they can see for themselves. They may send out a replacement or offer a full or partial refund.

Cheers :)

On further investigation i think its reflections from the dash carpet on the windscreen that is causing the problem,

if i take the dash carpet off it would be even worse as the airbag cover on the dash reflects really well and that is not carpeted

I took the cam out of the car and took some vid and its looks fine

other peoples footage looks so much sharper and doesnt seem to have the relection problem

so i think i may try to mount the cam in the front of the grille which with a bit of plastic cutting would be perfect, as noone would be able to see it and would get better quality

the only problem is at the mo is that I dont think there is a ACC 12v feed in the engine bay and i would have to run a cable back from under the dash , but i will see if it is possible, has anyone else done this?

cloudyseas said:
so i think i may try to mount the cam in the front of the grille which with a bit of plastic cutting would be perfect, as noone would be able to see it and would get better quality

the only problem is at the mo is that I dont think there is a ACC 12v feed in the engine bay and i would have to run a cable back from under the dash , but i will see if it is possible, has anyone else done this?

hope you never intend to drive in the rain :shock:

jokiin said:
cloudyseas said:

good point, but i think the cam looks fairly waterproof, its not going to be submerged or anything - dont get flood waters where i live, only where i used to live

cloudyseas said:
jokiin said:
cloudyseas said:

good point, but i think the cam looks fairly waterproof, its not going to be submerged or anything - dont get flood waters where i live, only where i used to live

they're not designed for external use, I'd expect it to die reasonably early

you may be right,

but perhaps you can tell me if there is any difference between auto night mode and anti glare because i havent noticed one - and there appears to be no shortcut to scrolling through the menus

I'm not familiar with the menu settings on your camera, maybe someone else that has one like yours can offer some feedback

cloudyseas said:
you may be right,

but perhaps you can tell me if there is any difference between auto night mode and anti glare because i havent noticed one - and there appears to be no shortcut to scrolling through the menus

I have itracker gs1000, and my camera "anti glare" does practically nothing, but "auto night" mode is essential for night view, without that setting it sees nothing in the dark.
I have seen firmware where you can set night mode on/off by time table, i dont have such option so i don't know how night mode is determined, amount of light maybe?

Back