Download data - dvr 207

sharonf88

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi guys,

Sorry if this was asked a lot, I truly tried googling for the answer and couldn't find any.
Just recieved my dvr 207 and a 32gb class 10 kingston sdhc card
Took some sample videos which i can watch on the device itself

I was trying to connect the camera via usb cable to the computer to download the videos to my pc, and both my computers dont show any sign that something was connected to them. Is there a specific way to connect the camera to the computer in order to have it recognized?

Also, any explainations on the following modes:
- What is loop rec?
- Should i use power save?
- Whats panel protect?
- Are the IR led any good or a waste of battery life?

Thanks!

sharonf88 said:
I was trying to connect the camera via usb cable to the computer to download the videos to my pc, and both my computers dont show any sign that something was connected to them. Is there a specific way to connect the camera to the computer in order to have it recognized?

you need drivers for your computer to see it, that said though the camera makes a very poor card reader, take the card out and use a proper card reader, it will work better

sharonf88 said:
Also, any explainations on the following modes:
1 - What is loop rec?
2 - Should i use power save?
3 - Whats panel protect?
4 - Are the IR led any good or a waste of battery life?

1 - this is to recycle the files once the card is full, you need this otherwise it will stop recording once the card fills up
2 - not sure what this refers to but I'd try leaving it off
3 - at a guess it's to turn the LCD panel off after a minute or whatever
4 - they're a gimmick, leave them off

Where can i get the driver?

Thanks for the reply, ordered sd card reader from ebay anyway

thanks!
Fresh question : Can you use the usb cable to charge the battery? I've connected the cam to my pc in hopes it will charge it, but as soon as i disconnect the camera from the cable it turns off showing me a sign of low battery.
As long as the cam is connected to the pc i can use it.

sharonf88 said:
thanks!
Fresh question : Can you use the usb cable to charge the battery? I've connected the cam to my pc in hopes it will charge it, but as soon as i disconnect the camera from the cable it turns off showing me a sign of low battery.
As long as the cam is connected to the pc i can use it.

it's not a model I know that well but from what I understand it does not charge from USB

I have the older 027 and from what i can remember the camera will not charge when plugged in with USB.

You will have to have it plugged into a car socket, and after a few charge cycles the battery will only last about 20-30 mins if left unplugged.

My 027 did not come with a CD, and i tried to copy video over via usb, but transfers were incredibly slow as jokiin mentioned you are better off with a card reader. It is handy to have one on hand, but most newer PCs come with an SD card reader built in. My PC has one near the top that reads what seems like everything but MicroSD.

I don't remember my 027 saying power save anywhere, but my guess is it could be motion detection witch i would leave off or would make the camera shut down after you turn the car off witch i would also leave off as i prefer and suggest to leave the camera running as much as possible when parked only turning it off over night to bring it in.

Back