DR-650-GW-2CH Corrupted Files?

ed_0138

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, first post here. I received my 650 a little over a month ago. I have to admit that I don't take the SD card out to view the videos very often. However, the few times I have tried to view them on my mac I noticed that starting from a certain point (maybe a day before) the videos are corrupted and cannot be played either on the blackvue viewer or right clicking on the file and opening with quicktime.

Blackvue viewer says "Repairing" then "Cannot play video"

Quicktime says "an unknown error occurred -12842"

I can open these corrupted files with VLC player but then there is no sound and I had audio enabled.

When I select files closer to the present date I am able to play like normal and there are no issues.

I've formatted this SD card a few times. It's a 32GB SD card I got from Costco. I wanted to know if anybody else has or heard of this issue because like I said, I don't view the videos often on my computer but when I do this is a pretty consistent occurrence.

Appreciate any info you can provide.

Thanks!

Are you using the provided blackvue micro SD USB adaptor? Mine gave me issues and I would lose data and videos would just corrupt. Soon as I switched I had no issue. I've had good luck with your 6th transcend brand.

Do you use the app? I noticed videos never had an issue in the app then suddenly I had issues when I tried watching them on my PC with the included USB adaptor.

Are you using the provided blackvue micro SD USB adaptor? Mine gave me issues and I would lose data and videos would just corrupt. Soon as I switched I had no issue. I've had good luck with your 6th transcend brand.

Do you use the app? I noticed videos never had an issue in the app then suddenly I had issues when I tried watching them on my PC with the included USB adaptor.

Yes, I am using the keychain adapter that came with the cameras. I also am using the app for Mac. I can try plugging into my PC and see if it has the same result.

If you can try another USB adaptor. That's what gave me all my issues. My mobius USB adaptor also had issues and stopped working all together.

well I'll be...!!! It works PERFECTLY on my PC but not my Mac... what gives pittasoft??

Looks like I may have spoken too soon on the 'perfectly' part. No audio on the older files even though this thing is always set to Audio enabled.

Looks like I may have spoken too soon on the 'perfectly' part. No audio on the older files even though this thing is always set to Audio enabled.
I've had times were audio wasn't recorded but I assumed I may have triggered the audio since I am often messing with my cams.

I've had times were audio wasn't recorded but I assumed I may have triggered the audio since I am often messing with my cams.
Cool, I will keep that in mind. Thanks again for your help and I appreciate your quick responses :)

Okay, I've still had the same problems with my BlackVue. The last time I checked on my 32GB card, NONE of the videos were working. Usually it's about 75% of the videos are unplayable. Since I wrote BlackVue an email with my problem and they didnt know what it was and I didn't find anyone else with this issue I'm crossing my fingers that it's the aftermarket SD card I'm using. It's a SanDisc Ultra 32GB HC I from Costco. This afternoon I swapped it back with the original 8GB SD card that came with my Blackvue...took it out for a trip to the polling place to cast my ballot, then went grocery shopping, and it remained on until just a few minutes ago. I reviewed all 150 files and 100% of them were playable. I'm going to put it through a whole day of recording tomorrow and I hope I don't get any issues. So far so good though....

Back