DR03 didn't capture accident

raskal

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Was involved in accident and went to confidently look at the footage, but it wasn't there!

I've looked at a bunch of files, and it did capture video before the accident and after as well. All the videos are 5 min long, but the accident one is only 2:34 long (rear was the same). The accident was not a large one for my car (front impact only scrapes) but massive for 2 other people and I wanted to get the video for it.

The 2:34 video cuts off about 5 seconds before the accident

Anyone have any ideas why?

If you have G-sensor on, then normally events flagged by it go in the RO ( Read Only ) folder, or any other way the camera will use to handle the locked fines, some i think add a suffix to the file name, but the norm i think is to put the files in a RO / event folder.
If the last file cut off 5 seconds before the event, it do indicate to me that the camera only have a 5 second prebuffer., and those 5 seconds + what ever it have saved after that should be the event file.

I did look in the RO directory (thanks for explaining why it was named RO), but there's some files there, but not the one I need

The file names are missing named xxx080A (I have xxx078A and xxx082A (odd numbered files are from the rear camera.
So xxx078A is 2:34 minutes and xxx082A is 5 minutes

it's annoying that the only reason for the tool was to capture the very rare event and it didn't.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Aukey 3