DR600GW corrupting Transcend micro SD cards

dyel74

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR600GW, DR3500FHD, Street Guardian SG9665GC
Bought 2 brand new Class 10 300x 64gb Transcend microSD cards from Amazon, and both of which have been corrupted by my Blackvue. Both cards had been formatted to FAT32 file system on the PC before being used. Interestingly, both cards had about 9gb left when corrupted.

The BlackVue would complain and give an audible "Check SD card" error. Formatting the card in the camera didn't help. If I attempt to format the card on my PC using FAT32Formatter, it gives a write error. The cards are dead.

I thought Transcend cards were known to be reliable? Has anyone had any issues with Transcend cards in their BlackVues? I'm going to be returning the cards back to Amazon for a full refund.

I think the Blackvue can be a bit fussy with cards according to reports, you might find 32gb cards to be more reliable though

I think the Blackvue can be a bit fussy with cards according to reports, you might find 32gb cards to be more reliable though

Thanks jokiin. In the meantime, I've gone back to my 64gb Sandisk microSD card. If it continues to throw errors, I'll consider downgrading to a 32gb card, like a Samsung Evo.

Bought 2 brand new Class 10 300x 64gb Transcend microSD cards from Amazon, and both of which have been corrupted by my Blackvue. Both cards had been formatted to FAT32 file system on the PC before being used. Interestingly, both cards had about 9gb left when corrupted.

The BlackVue would complain and give an audible "Check SD card" error. Formatting the card in the camera didn't help. If I attempt to format the card on my PC using FAT32Formatter, it gives a write error. The cards are dead.

I thought Transcend cards were known to be reliable? Has anyone had any issues with Transcend cards in their BlackVues? I'm going to be returning the cards back to Amazon for a full refund.

It is highly recommend to use the Pittasoft genuine sd cards in your camera, have you tried to source these cards in Australia?

Transcend cards are very inconsistent with the quality of cards that come out, we have tested this exact card on many occasions and found some batches of cards worked fine & other times the cards would brick and become useless.

While it may cheaper initially to buy 3rd party cards, it can end up costing you more - purchasing genuine Pittasoft cards will guarantee compatibility and warranty if any issues occur with the card.

Back