DR650 GW 2CH rear camera problem.

peterm

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
DR650GW-2CH
Hi all, a long time since I've been on here. The rear camera has got something wrong with it, unless it's the coax cable. I'm attaching a screen shot and hope someone has a clue what's wrong. Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• Rear camera..jpg
    Rear camera..jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 8
Very likely image sensor is failing per the above post. General troubleshooting, for what it's worth:

1. Try a firmware reflash from https://blackvue.com/downloads
2. See if there are kinks in the front/rear cable
3. See if the cable connections to the front and rear cameras are secure

Thanks gents. I'll try the firmware update when my wife gets home with the car, but i tend to go along with the image sensor. I routed the rear cable through myself and there are no kinks and it's not trapped anywhere. While I'm waiting I'll have a look how much for a new rear cam.

Well it looks like a replacement camera is on the cards. Thanks for the help. I'll have a look now.

Well the new rear camera arrived and works OK BUT... the front one now has to go to Perth West Australia to have a battery fitted because it's gone flat causing the date & time to be unsettable. I live on Bribie Island in Qld so couldn't get much further away but it is what it is I suppose.

Well the new rear camera arrived and works OK BUT... the front one now has to go to Perth West Australia to have a battery fitted because it's gone flat causing the date & time to be unsettable. I live on Bribie Island in Qld so couldn't get much further away but it is what it is I suppose.
there's instructions online on how to replace it if you're DIY capable, I believe @Hillbilly may have done the battery on this model before and may be able to offer some tips

Thanks jokkin. I found a video of Wozzzzza replacing the battery in an older camera that's probably the same, but my hands get shaky when I do close soldering so I'll be better off coughing up the both ways postage rather than make a mess of it. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

At long last here I am again. Sent to Perth for a new battery. The firmware was updated at the same time and it all seems OK now. As it happened, I only had to pay the postage one way. Can't get fairer than that eh.

Back