DR650GW-2CH power supply issue

Adrian S

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi there,
Have installed the dr650 2ch, connected via the vico-vation power plus. Am not seeing any power getting to the cameras, but the power supply seems to check ok. Have tested voltage at the fuse (small black part just after the cig plug) of dr650 power supply. Shows 11.5v in, but only 8-8.5v out. Once I plug in front camera the voltage drops down to around 3-3.5v. Camera just doesn't seem to want to power up?
Hoping someone can help!

I would suspect a setting or other issue (wiring?) with your vico-vation power plus. You should not be getting a voltage drop across your vico-vation power plus, the voltage at the vico-vation power plus cigaret lighter plug should be the same as your battery voltage... which at 11.5 volts seems low as well (does it increase when the vehicle is running?) Does your dashcam power up if plugged into the cigaret lighter plug built into your car? (by-passing the vico-vation power plus)

Bypassing the vico power plus and connecting the camera directly into cigarette lighter in car also presents same problem. Camera won't start up. Mobile phone charges fine from same outlet.

Using the blackvue cig power adaptor, voltage is 14.6v in, 11.4v out. This was tested at the fuse block on lead.

Bypassing the vico power plus and connecting the camera directly into cigarette lighter in car also presents same problem. Camera won't start up. Mobile phone charges fine from same outlet.

Using the blackvue cig power adaptor, voltage is 14.6v in, 11.4v out. This was tested at the fuse block on lead.

Hi Adrian,

Are you saying the output on the cig cable is 11.4V? It seems very unlikely to receive such a voltage drop over 4m of cable.

It may be best to contact your local supplier or us directly at sales@blackvue.com.au so we can investigate this further for you.

Thank you,

Correct. I tested voltage on either side of the small fuse, which is located approx. 30cm from the adaptor.

I've contacted local supplier that I purchased from, just waiting to here back. Will email you if have require further assistance.

Thanks for getting in touch

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 9
Back