DR650S

Saimoon2003

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

Purchased one of these a month ago and so far I'm very impressed with it. I thought when I ordered mine through an ebay seller I was getting the GW version but instead received the S version. I previously bought a DR750LW but wasn't happy with it since the screen wasn't working right at all and had to return it back (but it did record video just fine). Anyways the only thing I'm having a problem with the 650S is it's auto focus, it always tends to go really out of focus in the center of the lens, so I'm unable to recognize the vehicle or the license plate in the center of the camera but yet along either side of the center it focuses perfectly with no problems . I don't understand why blackvue decided to do this since their DR3500 FHD doesn't have any auto focus. I did manage to look up a video on how to adjust the lens manually and tried it since I did buy this camera from a seller not affiliated as a blackvue seller. But now since the center focuses just fine now the right side of the lens doesnt focus in very well and when I start the camera up the camera is blurry until it focuses in on an object like a vehicle for example. So my question is, is there a way how to fix the auto focus issue?

The 650S has auto focus? This is a revelation to me. I have a normal 650 so I am sadly of no help, but I hope someone else can chime in.

Yes it does have an auto focus, I should do a review on the camera in future but the only thing is that the autofocus doesn't work right. They need to update the firmware on these so they can work correctly. At least for me it doesn't focus correctly but I did manage to for right now re adjust the lens again manually so it seems to record just fine without any focus issues. I will take a drive later on to see if it stays that way. I did also buy a moovika polar lens to go over the camera lens itself to reduce the glare from the dash panel of my vehicle.

Pretty sure all dash cams have fixed focus lenses, as there's no need for autofocus. My DR650GW front camera was out of focus when I bought it, so had to adjust it manually as it was easier than sending it back to the supplier.
Review of the 650S would be interesting though to see how it stacks up to the 650GW series...

Cant find anywhere that says its Autofocus in the specifications ?

[QUOTE="Slim40something, post: 266890, member: 17779"My DR650GW front camera was out of focus when I bought it, so had to adjust it manually as it was easier than sending it back to the supplier.[/QUOTE]

Are there any instructions on how to manually adjust focus? My rear camera is focused too close?

Back