DR970X Box Plus Firmware Release - v.1.002_2024.04.01

cpo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was able to update over the air just fine.
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 10.30.02 AM.png

Last edited:
It is nice to now be able to see battery status remotely. And now I see it's about dead. Lol. 1711984082137.png

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up! Cool to see they've added the battery status info like the U3000.

Does this update include any audio improvements for parking mode? Not sure if that's part of the "bug fixes" mentioned in the changelog.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up! Cool to see they've added the battery status info like the U3000.

Does this update include any audio improvements for parking mode? Not sure if that's part of the "bug fixes" mentioned in the changelog.
Didn't seem to fix my audio. Will check for the video banding later tonight.

New firmware did not improve my horizontal banding issue with night footage. :-(

Didn't seem to fix my audio. Will check for the video banding later tonight.
New firmware did not improve my horizontal banding issue with night footage. :-(
I’ve been watching your dissatisfaction with the Nextbase IQ, and teething issues with BlackVue.
Do I predict a BlackVue return shipping label, and U3000 purchase in your future? Lol
Oh yeah, I’m betting dollars to donuts 70mai will release a new cloud model with STARVIS 2 & HDR within a month.
-Chuck

I’ve been watching your dissatisfaction with the Nextbase IQ, and teething issues with BlackVue.
Do I predict a BlackVue return shipping label, and U3000 purchase in your future? Lol
Oh yeah, I’m betting dollars to donuts 70mai will release a new cloud model with STARVIS 2 & HDR within a month.
-Chuck
I really wonder about more companies that do cloud. There’s a difference between simply having cloud features vs executing well. Blackvue’s had their own share of issues too, but hopefully others can come out and implement the features as good as if not better than Blackvue. Putting LTE directly into the dashcam is certainly a good start IMO.

-Chuck
The are recommending I do a RMA for the BlackVue. I want to like the U3000 but nothing beats BlackVue cloud features right now. I’m really happy with everything else about this product… so hopefully I can get through this stage. :)

I really wonder about more companies that do cloud. There’s a difference between simply having cloud features vs executing well. Blackvue’s had their own share of issues too, but hopefully others can come out and implement the features as good as if not better than Blackvue. Putting LTE directly into the dashcam is certainly a good start IMO.
The are recommending I do a RMA for the BlackVue. I want to like the U3000 but nothing beats BlackVue cloud features right now. I’m really happy with everything else about this product… so hopefully I can get through this stage. :)
Maybe Dash Cam manufacturers should start headhunting “cloud engineers” from the home security camera industry.

I gathered nighttime footage with firmware 1.002 installed The front camera footage still has the horizontal bands.

bv_dr970x_box_1002_20240402_202346_NF.mp4_snapshot_00.31.png

BlackVue has sent me replacement cameras. Will let you know if I still have banding and audio issues.
Your advance replacement product was shipped out on 4/5/2024

Back