DR970X Plus Availability thread

Oh also how long did it take to arrive?
I'm not sure if you're able to get the £4 Vodafone data only SIM anywhere separately. It's not an off the shelf SIM deal (data/calls etc), it's a device SIM for data only such as dashcams.
It's included with the UK version, but not the Global version (doesn't come with any SIM).
I already had the UK version installed before I ordered, so it was in my interest to sell the free one on.
You may be able to get a new UK version on eBay or something that comes with the UK SIM.

Ordered in the evening on 12th March, despatched on 13th, got an email and text from DHL Express to pay customs charges - paid within 20 minutes.
Estimated delivery was Monday 18th, but surprisingly arrived on Friday 15th.
The delivery service Blackvue used was DHL Express 2 working days delivery.
I only opted for the free delivery - so this was a very good surprise.

I ordered one from them years ago and the free delivery was very quick then too.

This is the Vodafone SIM for the UK.
It's called a Smart SIM, it's designed for 'connected' devices such as GPS, dashcams etc.

They used to sell it to public, but now it's only packaged with the devices themselves through a partnership.
Blackvue, Thinkware and Nextbase are some that partnered with Vodafone in UK.

Here is the SIM (no longer available separately)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07D3XPFHC

It may be worth a call/email/webchat to Vodafone and ask if they'll send you one.
Tell them it's for your Blackvue dashcam and meant to £4/month for 40gb data (Smart SIM/V-SIM) - say you got one but the SIM wasn't in the box.
They may send you one rather than having to buy a whole new box and sell the other.

Back