DR970X Plus vs DR970X Plus LTE

Phatboy64

Reaction score
Country
United States
First off I am totally new to Dash Cams and this forum so if I am posting this in the wrong place please let me know.

I ordered the non LTE version last night, my main reason was I didn’t think I would need/use that function, also the LTE version looks considerably larger, I am putting this in a 2023 Ram 3500 and it has all the forward facing technologies under the rear view mirror and I was thinking smaller would be better.
I woke up this morning with buyer remorse thinking for the few extra bucks why not get the LTE, who knows I may find that I do have a need for it. I am getting ready to cancel my first order and order the LTE version. So here is my questions

It is hard to tell from photos but is the LTE version a lot bigger? And if so is it obnoxiously bigger, to the point it may interfere with some of the tech in the globe under my mirror?

Am I thinking about this right in terms of “better to have it and not use it then not have and want to use it”

What scenarios would having the LTE version be useful vs just cool to have

On a few of the online reviews I read that some of the first ones out had focus issues. Is this something that has been resolved in the current supply chain or should I be concerned about this

I am sure I will have other questions

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the club.
@rcg530 and @Vortex Radar are the resident experts on this dash cam.
I just tagged them so they might be along shortly.
“ALL” brands lately have been having lens focus issues lately, so as soon as you get your hands on the camera check focus out of the car without a windshield in front of it, or (CPL Filter if applicable).
There are pros & cons of having built-in LTE, or using the CM100 LTE module;
I will let the guys elaborate.
In the mean time here are the guys’ testing threads for this camera;
-
-Chuck

I've been looking very closely at the 970x Plus releases myself, comparing features and functions and deciding which is best for me. If you want to add in LTE later, you can always get the LTE module add-in. As mentioned, the non-LTE seems a bit more compact. Personally, I've been waiting a bit to see if the 970x Plus Box has any issues that the clever people here pick up on; the cameras on that system are the ideal for what I would l want for a non-obtrusive dash cam system, really small and compact.

Welcome to the club.
@rcg530 and @Vortex Radar are the resident experts on this dash cam.
I just tagged them so they might be along shortly.
“ALL” brands lately have been having lens focus issues lately, so as soon as you get your hands on the camera check focus out of the car without a windshield in front of it, or (CPL Filter if applicable).
There are pros & cons of having built-in LTE, or using the CM100 LTE module;
I will let the guys elaborate.
In the mean time here are the guys’ testing threads for this camera;
-
-Chuck
Thanks for tagging the SMEs and the additional links! I will read through them.

I've been looking very closely at the 970x Plus releases myself, comparing features and functions and deciding which is best for me. If you want to add in LTE later, you can always get the LTE module add-in. As mentioned, the non-LTE seems a bit more compact. Personally, I've been waiting a bit to see if the 970x Plus Box has any issues that the clever people here pick up on; the cameras on that system are the ideal for what I would l want for a non-obtrusive dash cam system, really small and compact.
I thought about waiting for that then I started thinking there may be more cables to run and hide but I don’t know enough about that setup. As it is I think I am over thinking running the coax for the rear camera and worrying if it will interfere with the side curtain air bags…but that is a different topic all togeather

Back