Dual dash cam setup with parking mode

Jez

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Had a mini 0801 in the past and had so many problems with it! Looking for some toys for my new car now :)

I hardwired the 0801 into my last car, and had a switch for "parking mode", which was connected to one always on fuse, and one ignition-switched fuse. This meant that the dash cam turned on, when the car was on, but I could also turn it on when the car was off. Neat solution I thought! But maybe this time I would just prefer to get dashcam/s with parking mode to avoid the extra hassle and install time.

My requirements are:

-Live in the UK, so temperatures don't get too high
-Front/rear setup, two dashcams would be fine, or possibly dual channel
-Parking mode for both cameras (what else do I need so it doesn't drain battery?)
-Good quality (especially at night), 720p minimum I think
-Compact, with or without a screen is fine
-GPS not needed
-Good reliability!

-Budget...around £200 would be fine, can go higher though if required for smaller, better quality, etc. £150 front and £100 rear would be about the max I think.

There are so many options available...and it also looks like there are quite a few new cameras that aren't listed on the main site (https://dashcamtalk.com/) so I don't even know where to start!

Any help would be much appreciated, looking to get setup asap.

Many thanks,

Jeremy

Blacksys CF-100, if form factor is OK for you. Blacksys sub-forum. For 70GBP 1080p + 720p locally in UK its a bargain.
The next better solution with automatic parking mode would be 1080p + 1080p. You may check Thinkware F750 ( UK price 250GBP ), or Panorama X2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Niko, thanks for your help.

The CF-100 looks ok, the front camera does look quite large though. Ideally I'm looking for something slightly more discreet but will definitely consider it.

The panorama x2 is too big really. The Thinkware F750 looks very good, but is quite expensive to get setup with front and rear camera and hardwiring kit (£290 from amazon, possibly £310 if two wiring kits are needed). Are those wiring kits really needed or can I just hardwire a female cigratte lighter socket to my fusebox?

Will I need to buy anything else to use these cameras in parking mode?

Have you got any ideas for other dash cams that would suit me? The 0801 I had would have been perfect if it didn't have so many problems. I did like having the screen as well..but it isn't a necessity. Is there anything similar to that but better reliability? I haven't read great things about the 0806, so not sure about that one.

Many thanks,

Jeremy

Back