Dumt & Farligt (Stupid & Dangerous)

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Umpteen
Here is some highly entertaining High Definition slow-motion footage from the delightfully insane Danish TV show Dumt & Farligt shot at 1920 x 1080P - 2570 fps on the remarkable Phantom Flex camera, one of a line of truly amazing cameras from Vision Research. We need a dash cam that can do this, right?

hehe yeah, for sure i will pick one of those cameras up as one of the first Things if i ever win in the lottery.

I dident see much of that program when aired, both of the 2 hosts set off my most foul mood, one is a has been stand up comedian, and the other is our most famous local stuntman.

Personally i could come up with even more stupid and dangerous Things to do in a tv program, but i am well outside what Danish tv can afford i think.

Fist and formost the old question witch have bothered me for most of my life, "is it possible to do a base jump on flat ground" ? ( think huge MX ramp with near vertical takeoff and a crotchrocket that can do around 300 km/h on takeoff )

I have seen some Finnes do kinda the same on a MX bike, but they jump onto a lower level and land in a river way below takeoff hight.

I only know the Dumt & Farligt show from YouTube clips. It is interesting to hear the perspective from someone from Denmark who knows who the hosts are. In any case, I love the over-the-top concept of the program. I don't think a show like that would ever make it onto TV here in the US.

So yeah, I want one of those cameras too! The basic 2K Phantom Flex model (16 GB Ram) starts out at $83,000 USD. Then you need at least one Cinemag I or II memory storage cartridge (120 GB - $16,900 USD - up to 512 GB -$27,900 USD). Then you need to add the lenses and then the cables and required accessories. For $99,000 to $159,900 depending on specific model and features you can get a 4K version of the camera! (plus the lenses, Cinemag IV 2TB cartridge, cables, hoods, HD monitor, accessories, etc.) It looks like you could easily spend $250,000 or more for a fully outfitted, top of the line Phantom Flex 4K. Add to Cart? :D

Here's a video that might interest you Kamkar. A guy (Brad O’Neal) does a base jump on a dirt bike up a ramp on flat ground. (into a body of water)

jumper.png

Last edited:
The new Phantom Flex4K camera blows my mind. Super 35 sensor - 1000 frames per second at full 4096 x 2304 (16:9) if desired. So, at 4096 x 2160, 5 seconds of video at that speed gives you three minutes of super hi-rez slow motion video played back at the normal 24 frames per second rate.

Last edited:
Yeah for sure i would allso prefer to launch out over Water, though i do think with the altitude needed it will be mighty "hard" Water to land in if the chute dont deploy.

1/4 mill sound fair, not a bad prize for a toy to a 47 year old boy :D and i will happely drop another 1/4 mill on a nice V8 car

This Friday sound good to me, there is 17.3 mill US dollars in the lottery pot here, and i am a modest man so thats fine with me :) ( allready got my ticket )

Yeah for sure i would allso prefer to launch out over Water, though i do think with the altitude needed it will be mighty "hard" Water to land in if the chute dont deploy.

1/4 mill sound fair, not a bad prize for a toy to a 47 year old boy :D and i will happely drop another 1/4 mill on a nice V8 car

This Friday sound good to me, there is 17.3 mill US dollars in the lottery pot here, and i am a modest man so thats fine with me :) ( allready got my ticket )

Good luck!! I'll buy a lottery ticket too!!

There is a saying here that goes " luck follow the crazy" :rolleyes:

Mmmmm Mmmmmm that will be nice :)

I Wonder what the odds are for 2 Guys on the same bord cashing in big time in lotto in the same week, but as the wise ppl say, there is a first for everything.

Wouldn't that be amazing if lightning strikes in two places at same time! The prize here is now up to 60,000, 000! Free dash cams for everybody and new cars and Phantom Flex 4Ks for us!!

Back