DVR-027 what are your settings on??

eb2phkingood

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I just received a DVR-027. I was curious what everyone uses for their settings on the following:

1) ev levels? (Day & Night)

2) motion detection on or off ?

3) clip length 2min/ 5min/ 15min/ off ??

Thanks!

Motion detect us just for parking mode, volume is personal preference really, EV setting I wouldn't change unless its too light or dark now but you could trial and error to see what you like (if it makes much difference)

I personally leave motion detect off. I go + .03/.07 in day time depending how cloudy it is and -.03/.07 at night time to cut down on headlight glare.

Of course it's going to be trial and error for the lighting in your area. One member suggested -1.00 at night but for me on poorly lit roads even with my cars highbeams on the camera turned the dark to pitch black.

I also recommended recording as much as possible so I have turned off the auto on and off feature and leave the camera recording when I put gas in or go shopping.

You never know what you might catch on camera while you are parked. A car bumping yours a run away shopping cart someone doing something illegal or even an accident.

CheckYourLights said:
I personally leave motion detect off. I go + .03/.07 in day time depending how cloudy it is and -.03/.07 at night time to cut down on headlight glare.

Of course it's going to be trial and error for the lighting in your area. One member suggested -1.00 at night but for me on poorly lit roads even with my cars highbeams on the camera turned the dark to pitch black.

I also recommended recording as much as possible so I have turned off the auto on and off feature and leave the camera recording when I put gas in or go shopping.

You never know what you might catch on camera while you are parked. A car bumping yours a run away shopping cart someone doing something illegal or even an accident.

awesome. What about time limit on clips? I can see the benefit to short and long clips. Do you use 2/5/15/ or off??

thanks!

eb2phkingood said:
awesome. What about time limit on clips? I can see the benefit to short and long clips. Do you use 2/5/15/ or off??

thanks!

keep in mind OFF would fill the card then stop recording

jokiin said:
eb2phkingood said:

thanks!

keep in mind OFF would fill the card then stop recording

it wouldn't just fill the card up then start re-recording over it? That's what it does on the 5min clips from what I understand. Also, do you have a preference between 2/5/15 and a reason behind it? Thanks so much for your time and input!

Not when you set it to off I don't believe so.
Turing it off tells the camera you don't want to loop record at all and you will end up with with different files of different sizes when you turn the camera on drive for 15 mins come home off. On drive for 5 mins come home off. and then once the camera is full(32GB card at HD settings i believe is -/+ 11 hours) it would say card is full.

I use 5 min clips personally they are a bit easier to go through if you need to find or save footage for me at least.
Also i believe the sound menu setting is just for the internal speaker. I have mine set as low as it will go and files still sound good played back on a computer.

Also with my DVR-027 and i believe rjgscotland's DVR-007 there can be a grain like effect most noticeable at night. (Read more about it here) that seems to happen when you go in to the menu and come back out or go into still photo mode and then back to video record mode. You can fix this by shining a light source (flash light or your cars "map lights" into the camera and watching the screen to make sure it readjusts to the brightness of the light and then back to the darkness outside, or turning it off and on again may also work, but i have not tested it out that way.

I had been meaning to see if anyone knows if this is still an issue with the DVR-207 by chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back