DVR-207 Heat Test

ItsHotOutHere

Reaction score
I received my DVR-207 a few weeks ago and I've been happy with the quality so far. I live in Las Vegas and the biggest question is how it would hold up to the heat.
So today, right around 1 PM local time, I headed out to my car to measure the temperature of the cam and see if it would still work. It was around 110 F outside (43 C) and I'll just let the picture speak for itself. If that's hard to read, it's showing close to 187 F (86 C). So it can hold up to extremely high temperatures. It started up just fine, chimed, and started recording, at near 190 F. I assume the other DVR-XX7 models can do the same. So if anyone lives in a hot climate, these will still work perfectly. I just thought this would help out people that might be on the fence because of this. Cheers!

Attachments

• awfgge.jpg
    awfgge.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 306
It's supposed to be up in the mid 90s here for next the couple of days debating wether or not I should take it out while not driving.

I hope this doesn't count as a bump, but I'm finally getting around to updating this post. It's November, so summer has been over for a few months, and it's held up quite well, never overheating or anything of the sort. It still works fine, even after being in those temperatures for 3-4 months. Taking out the SD card required some care though as it could burn your hand if you held it for too long. But other than being careful when you touch it, it still works fantastically. Cheers!

Back