DVR207GS - Bad video quality

Dave-s

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
First post on the forum. I visited this site a few times to research DVRs before ordering the 207GS from estore009.
It took me about a week or two to test the video quality since the SD card I ordered from DX took a while to arrive.
I played back the video on my computer, and I was surprised at the low video quality. Demo video: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByD6C_3 ... 9NbjA/edit
Is this the quality of video I should expect from this device, or did I receive a dud?
I contacted Vicky from estore, and she (or he?) told me that they can send me a new power supply to try.
Did anyone here have the same experience with video quality? Can a new PS rectify this problem? (I tend to think not).
Vicky also offered to replace the DVR or refund my money if I ship them the bad unit.
Did anyone from the forum ever replace or return a defective unit to estore? Can I ship the unit without worries?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated power supply addresses an electrical interference issue, maybe seen by the supplier as some sort of cure all but I've never heard of (or would expect) any change in video quality as a result

720p is not great but all I'd suggest is double check your settings, perhaps they're not optimal at the moment

Thanks for the fast response.
My setting are as suggested on the "Read this first" post, at the top of the forum. 720p, 5min video segments, IR off, motion detection off ...
The power supply I got is different than the one on their ebay listing. It has a ferrite core on the wire to suppress noise.
If you watched the video, you could see that the quality is far from HD quality. I know how 720p quality is supposed to look like, and this doesn't come close.

Yeah I can't view the footage from where I am right now but will take your word for it, a replacement power supply isn't going to help though, as your settings are fine it's possible your camera is just faulty

Dave-s - I have had a similar experience with my new DVR207GS. Mine arrived very promptly, only 8 days after ordering (almost a record for things coming from China to the UK). Initial setup was easy, but video quality poor, see
here. I contacted the seller, and had a very quick reply from 'Vicky', offering me a better (1080p) camera, with full credit against the 207. I decided against it, but I hate the interference that appears on the bottom of the screen.

Not sure what i will do yet. I've tried a number of SD cards, different players, all manner of things, but nothing turns my videos into anything like the quality that the seller has on their sample videos.

Back