E-Prancs GPS

Leesully

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,... I bought an E-prance 0803 mini cam with GPS.... But after selecting "On" for the GPS in the menu, I'm not receiving GPS. The cam is mounted on the windshield where other cams have received a good GPS signal..
Anyway to tell if the windshield mount where the GPS is located,... is a GPS model...? Thanks

Last edited:
Ok, you wrote No, makes more sense since you edited your post

Are you sure you have a GPS mount and not the non GPS mount , possible you were sent the wrong one, has happened before

How do you know that you are not receiving GPS?

Do you have the satellite icon?

Ok, you wrote No, makes more sense since you edited your post

Are you sure you have a GPS mount and not the non GPS mount , possible you were sent the wrong one, has happened before

I ordered another GPS mount... just in case

How do you know that you are not receiving GPS?nal

Do you have the satellite icon?
No satellite icon... I'm receiving a strong GPS signal on phone and car nav.....

The only ways I know to tell which type of mount it is are either to weigh it - the non-gps ones are a lot lighter as they have nothing inside, or open it up - the non-gps ones have a lot of air inside, the gps ones have a big square GPS aerial.

I suggest trying your new one outside the car first to make sure it works, just in case they don't like your windscreen.

It is possible that one of the contacts isn't working properly or one of the wires is broken / not properly soldered.

Do you actually have an 0803 or is it really an 0805? - available resolutions / firmware version?

Thanks for your good input. It's a 0803......On the outside of the camera it says: 1296P Super HD.
The box said it was a 0803. Firmware version : FW 20141118 V1.0......
I should have the new GPS mount about Wednesday. Thanks

I think that is an 0805 firmware version - make sure you know for sure before you update it or it will stop working!

The only ways I know to tell which type of mount it is are either to weigh it - the non-gps ones are a lot lighter as they have nothing inside, or open it up - the non-gps ones have a lot of air inside, the gps ones have a big square GPS aerial.

I suggest trying your new one outside the car first to make sure it works, just in case they don't like your windscreen.

It is possible that one of the contacts isn't working properly or one of the wires is broken / not properly soldered.

Do you actually have an 0803 or is it really an 0805? - available resolutions / firmware version?

Nigel,... My new GPS mount arrived today and it is heaver than the one that came with my camera. I plugged the 0803 into it and up came the GPS icon and it's working fine. It's getting a strong GPS signal mounted in the upper edge of the windscreen.
The non-GPS mount weighs 74.7g. Strangely, I can't weigh the mount with the GPS receiver...? I weighed four or five other items including the non-GPS mount with no problem. When I put the GPS mount on the scale I get an "error"... I put a 5 inch cardboard cylinder on the scale and then placed the mount on top... still got an error. I put the non-GPS mount on the cylinder and registered the weight of the mount plus the cardboard. My electronic scale doesn't like the GPS mount.
When holding the two mounts in my hand I can feel the difference. Tap on the mounts and the non-GPS sounds hollow.
Thanks for your input. Joe
PS: I knew the GPS mount weighed more when I took it out of the box today. I would guess it weighs 300 to 400g.......

Back