Electrostatic sticker ???

chris-s

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S-2CH, DR750X-2CH, A129-DUO, many others...
Hi all !

I've found an electrostatic sticker inside the A129 DUO box.
What's the use of this sticker ?
Should I place this sticker between the windshield and the adhesive mount of the camera ?

For information, the size of the sticker is more than the double of the camera mount.

IMG_20211106_115612.jpg

That is it's purpose, but if you plan for a permanent install, you can omit this and stick the mount directly to the windshield. If you use this follow the glass cleaning directions below first.

When mounting a cam, the glass must be super-clean. After using your usual cleaner, wipe the place with isopropyl alcohol followed by a clean dry paper towel. Place the mount where you want it, them press and hold it for a minute or two. Wait 24 hours before putting weight (the cam) on the mount. Best to do when temperatures are warmer, not below freezing.

Phil

I have used this once ( for the last camera i installed in my car ) and it work just fine, but i was only able to use it as that camera are so offset from the center of the windscreen that it is off the dotted area where i am sure it would not stick.

It makes it easier to remove the sticky mount from the windshield, but both sticker and adhesive pad are probably single use so it is only ease of removal that is affected. Can be useful on hire vehicles if you prefer a solid sticky mount to using a suction mount but still want to remove it quickly and without trace.

You can cut the size down to sticky pad size and it will still work fine, then you have more to use.

Yes i cut mine down into 4 parts, and still a lot larger than the T130 mounting surface.

Thanks all.
I've tried the electrostatic sticker for a temporary mount for a side by side comparison with Blackvue DR750S but it failed...
I didn't manage to make it stick the windschield...
So I have sticked as I've always done, but I've masked 70% of the 3M sticker for easy removal after the test.

I didn't manage to make it stick the windschield...
When I have used them they have stuck very well.
I'm wondering if some people are putting them on backwards, not sure the instructions on which side to apply to the glass are easy to understand...

Back