Error 2 - Continuous Loop

AlqVeers

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Lukas QVIA AR790-2CH
Hi Everyone,

I've just signed up since you've got the most responses regarding the AR790 then I've found anywhere else, so I hope you can help me.

I bought the AR790-2ch in December 2020 from a popular vendor here in Australia, hardwire kit and the longer cable to run to the canopy on my Hilux. I did all the fittings myself, all went well and I've had 12 months of worry-free operation. The SD card was formatted regularly through-out operation, and was the 32GB card supplied with the camera.

First problem occurred shortly after December 2021 with power issues, was not able to resolve it after checking everything under the sun, only to have called a support number, bounced to another support number who said to unplug it, and it started working again. I dunno how this works since I had unplugged it many times as part of my troubleshooting, including some rewiring as a precaution. But all was well until July 2022, I started receiving sporadic Error 2 codes, which would either resolve itself after 2 or 3 attempts, or after I formatted the SD card.

By late July the Error 2 was occurring constantly and the camera would not function. I have managed to format the SD card and load the latest firmware on it, the camera detects the firmware and goes through an update cycle, then errors back to Error 2. Repeat repeat etcetc. I have also checked all the cabling, the rear camera is still good. Unless either it or the main unit has failed, 3 different SD cards have been used - the second card I pulled from my phone and it worked for a single, 30minute trip to work, but failed for the rest of the day, and a brand new SD card I purchased last week - no change except when loading the firmware, which appears to update and then fails again.

So far I can only tell that Error 2 points to the Memory card, or the rear camera. I've troubleshooted both extensively, except for having a spare front or rear unit to test with.

Any thoughts or suggestions what to try next, or is this camera cactus and I need a new one? I am a little peeved that I barely got 2 years of operation out of it, as I would have expected it to last longer. The previous camera I had lasted nearly 6 years without incident.

Thanks in advance,

Back