Error Code 13

hamoper

Reaction score
Country
United States
I noticed the cam recording in 2k, when I attempt to change it to 4k in settings I get the error code 13 so I can’t change it. I do have HDR set to auto. I am using firmware version 1.1 0315 I believe. I have looked in the user manual but not able to locate anything about error code. Is there a setting I have that is not correct?

I also have 2k but only in parking mode. Check that these are not recordings from the parking mode. In parking mode you won't turn on 4k.

I also have 2k but only in parking mode. Check that these are not recordings from the parking mode. In parking mode you won't turn on 4k.
Thanks for the response, it was in parking mode. The only thing I am not sure about is when it goes into parking mode, I have mine setup for auto event,
Ok, it is in parking mode so that explains the reason for 2K. I have it set for “Auto Event Detection” but I would think once it sees motion during the daylight hours and comes out of parking mode, it would then go back to 4K recording, the only way I can get back to 4K recording is to power the cam down and then back on, but then when it sees no motion and goes back to 2K in parking mode, it’s back to the same issue…..

Thanks for the response, it was in parking mode. The only thing I am not sure about is when it goes into parking mode, I have mine setup for auto event,

Ok, it is in parking mode so that explains the reason for 2K. I have it set for “Auto Event Detection” but I would think once it sees motion during the daylight hours and comes out of parking mode, it would then go back to 4K recording, the only way I can get back to 4K recording is to power the cam down and then back on, but then when it sees no motion and goes back to 2K in parking mode, it’s back to the same issue…..
It exits parking mode when you drive over a certain speed. It’s only motion based for entering parking mode.

I can get back to 4K recording is to power the cam down and then back on, but then when it sees no motion and goes back to 2K in parking mode, it’s back to the same issue…..

A very similar problem occurred with the T130.
A firmware revision addressed the problem.
@viofo might look into it for the A139.

With the T130 before the firmware fix I could drive for an hour none stop and the entire journey was in the park mode setting. Most of the journey was around 100kph.

drive over a certain speed. It’s only motion based for entering parking mode.

At about 8kph on Viofo gear it should come out of parking mode.

Error codes 10 and 13 were known as Windows file code errors. I wonder if this still applies to dash cam read/write problems.

Back