F50 upgrade firmware 1.00.07 bricking the dash cam

maorh

Reaction score
Country
Canada
When viewing the videos via dashcam viewer, a message popped and says a new version of firmware is avail. I downloaded it, unzipped to the root of the memory card. Insert it back to dashcam and started the car. The cam says "Firmware upgrade failed". Now the status light flashing green then red continuously. The cam is no longer working. I have emailed it to support for help :(

That will be a bricked unit i'm afraid, i don't know why it failed as i've done hundreds and never had a single failure. Did you have the engine running when you did it? I think some vehicles detect battery voltage being a bit low after the ignition has been on for a couple of minutes and shut down the ignition circuit to save power (Several cars here do that anyway) if the ignition goes off during upgrade it will often kill the camera. Good news is i reckon it will still be dealt with under warranty so perhaps someone with the jig to flash it can recover it or it will get swapped for a new one.

Thanks. I placed the file via my work laptop (software encryption due to work). I can tell by seeing additional files being placed over to the memory card. I don't know if that would have caused the issue. When i view files via my work laptop, it never incur any issues.

By the way, it is fixed now. I used another computer (with no encryption), formatted the memory card, place the files there one more time. This time, the firmware upgrade successful. Nice.....

I didn't expect that to be honest! I was convinced the unit would have died!

By the way, it is fixed now. I used another computer (with no encryption), formatted the memory card, place the files there one more time. This time, the firmware upgrade successful. Nice.....

if they use something like Truecrypt I have heard of this causing issues before, whatever the case good that you were able to get it going

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WA3PNT F50 3