F500LHD best color settings for video recording?

wisniak

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi,

I'd appreciate any recommendations regarding improving color quality and sharpness for video filming.

I have compared video filmed simultaneously with this camera and a GoPro Hero2, the Hero2 shows far better colors while the F500LHD shows very grey colors and somewhat fuzzy video.

The camera is mainly used while flying. Both cameras are placed roughly in the same spot in the canopy and are subject to the same lighting conditions.

Thank you.

Up...

Nobody has any sort of suggestion?

If you are brave and your current firmaware version ends in T2L-KH, you may want to try experimenting yourself and updating to Q2-4_7. This is a modified firmware version by Andromedich. Supposidly it chages image contrast and possibly color (unfortunately some say you lose some sharpness). I know it does add some other interesting features such as the ability to auto switch to 15fps (for sharper images) at lower light conditions and auto screen off after set amount of time.

Another alternative would be to use video editing software to alter the colours in your recordings.

The F500 recordings seem to be quite washed out, and I'm not sure you're going to be able to change them greatly.

I prefer not to play with informal updates.

And "washed out" colors is the correct description. What software were you referring to?

Thanks.

I've seen it most consumer video editing package such as Adobe Premiere Elements and Sony Vegas Movie Studio.

Adobe have examples on their site which show it boosting colour saturation and correcting colour.

<edit> I believe we have a computer with the Adobe software at work. If you upload a test video, I'll run the video through it to see if it does what you want it to.</edit>

Back