F500LHD help please.

midlander

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I have to admit I'm a complete idiot when reading instructions and dealing with new technology. Anyways, I bought a DOD F500LHD with 'GH' firmware. Whether that makes a difference I don't know? Anyway, I position the camera upside down on the top of my windscreen. The camera records the picture upside down, obviously. Is there any way the settings can be altered to record onto my SD card the right way? As I said I'm an "idiot" when understanding new technology.
Also can anyone provide a link which will show me simply on how to set up my camera for basic use. Ie Switches itself up on start-up. Switches off on stopping etc. Thank you in advance.

Hi midlander,

Glad you were able to figure it out. Nice to see more people doing reviews on dash cams.

I set my cam according to the link posted above. Yesterday I tried it in the car. On reviewing the SD card on my computer I saw a problem. The play back was stop-start. Clear picture, but it had this kind of stuttering playback. It isn't right. So I'm hoping one of the more technically minded members could please assist me? Is it my machine, SD card, or my settings? Also when used at night it's so grainy that it's unwatchable.

Couple of suggestions: 1). Try playing it back through the camera on the small screen, or hook up the HDMI cable and see what it looks like with the camera playing it. Other than that, for your computer, I've found the best software to use to view it is VLC Media Player though QuickTime (I'm on a Mac) works fine as well.

Beyond that, make sure you've got a good quality SD card in there, any major brand should work fine. I'm not sure a Class 10 is necessary, but it is recommended. Faster is better in order to keep up with the video buffer in the camera. I always allow the camera to format whatever card I'm using.

As a last ditch try in case nothing else works, upload a small clip to YouTube and see how it functions from there.

Thank you 'Shafferb0b1', I'll firstly try a better quality card. If that fails, and the problem persists I'll try to post a clip on Youtube. I can't promise I'm capable, but there's always a first time .

Back