F500LHD Help Settings Thoughts

cobhom

Reaction score
Country
United States
F500LHD

Hi All,

I just purchased an F500LHD from Estore009 based on seller's assurance it is not a fake and the recommendation from this site. Best I can tell its original and has firmware v6.9 t2l-kh. Looks good/happy... That said, can someone please help me with the settings/suggestions?

If things seem to work ok isn't it better not to update firmware. Not sure what benefit I'll get if I upgrade and there is a downside if I mess up. Thoughts...

Optimal Settings (Thanks DashTalk)

For Recording Cycle:
DURATION – OFF (mine has no or time settings so I chose NO)

RECYCLE Clip length:1/5/10/15 minutes. (What is the best setting?) I believe 1 0r 5 min are best?

MOTION DET – OFF,
AUTO OFF – OFF
To improve the legibility of small details:
SHARPNESS – HARD
CONTRAST – STANDARD
To display the date and time on video: STAMP – YES
To improve the quality of night shooting: SCENE – AUTO and EV -0,3. -1.0
To enable and automatically start recording when an external power supply: USB IN = YES.
To automatically turn off when disconnecting the external power supply: SHUTDOWN – choose from: 10s , 5 min, 15 min (10 seconds is recommended.)
To improve the overall picture and its easy clarification: LIGHT FREQ = 60 hertz

Any other suggestions for settings.

One more thing please... I would like to buy a device to protect my battery. What do you think about this or do you have any recommendations? Typically battery drain wont be a problem except when I leave my car at the airport or similar, but would feel better for a $35 investment. Thoughts?

BlackVue Car Black Box Power Magic $35. It says for DR400, but I understand it will work with F500? True?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BlackVue-Car-Bl ... 4d08bc4da7

Thank you,
CB

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to turn motion detect and auto off setting to on so that you can use parking mode then you'll need permanent power, a power magic device is a worthwhile addition for this use if you'll have the car parked for any length of time

Thank you very much for the input...

Okay good, now I'll have to pick one up and install it...

Jokiin, can you, anyone one, help me with this questions:

RECYCLE Clip length:1/5/10/15 minutes. (What is the best setting?) I believe 1 0r 5 min are best?

Any other suggestions or installation tips?

cobhom said:

Any other suggestions or installation tips?

personal preference I guess, there's no right or wrong answer, for a permanently installed camera I usually use 5 minutes, for testing I use 1 minute so I can generate more files (my cameras have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 and 15 minute options), the playback software sorts them anyway so not such an issue with multiple small files, have a look at http://www.registratorviewer.com/download_en.html for playback, far superior to whatever is normally included with most cameras

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for the advice. Reading the manual and searching "Recycle" and "duration" just confused me. I need to do much more experimentation and reading to better understand the operation. That said, I want to install and begin using this right away, but I'm afraid my settings will be wrong so when I need a video I wont have it because of my bad settings. I tried to setup like suggested in the F500 review.

I would like the parking function but I do not believe its that important (nice though) to catch video out the front of my car while parked. The most important feature seems to be driving/accident related in front of the car. So I am trying to figure out the best settings without the parking feature for now. If I use the parking function I will get the battery protection... For now I just want to operate the camera while moving and recycle video. thank you again. Currently have a 16GB card.

I wouldn't worry too much about settings. Try it out then tweak it as you go. There really is no perfect setting...often times it is personal preference.

Good advice. You know me? I defenietly worry too much, that's one reason I'm getting a dash cam... :D

Thanks all for the advice...

Can someone better explain the difference/what 'recycle' is and 'duration' is as I believe my understanding for these might be crossed and/or messed up.

Purchased mine from one of the alibaba sellers listed here... its real and dealing with them was a breeze. Played with the camera a bit today, video quality was awesome and Im quite happy so far.

Safe driving everyone!

Recycle is the size of the clip when cycle recording is set. Duration will record for that set amount of time then stop recording. Set Duration to Off when using as a dash cam.

very good.. I like the idea of it breaking down the clip sizes.. thanks for the info!

Back