F500LHD or GS8000?... Agh!!!!!

bronze84

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware F750, K1S, Marcus3, Mobius, Xiaomi Yi, Sony AS100v
How can choosing a dash cam be so bl00dy difficult!!!

One minute I think I've found the right one for my needs, the next I find another which seems better! Ah well!

Anyway, more to the point...

So, out of the F500LHD and the GS8000 - which offers better night time recording? Is the daytime recording of similar quality between them?

They seem fairly similar in spec and price :-/

Cheers
Martin

Ok without the benefit of seeing the product a couple of observations, both use 5mp sensor, second one specifies a 4 glass lens, first one is likely the same though

First one mentions the bitrate is only 8mbit/sec, with this combo night results won't be great, will be quite grainy, second one doesn't mention the recording bitrate but if higher will likely offer better results, the low bitrate used is probably a sign that they use Hynix memory, increasing the bitrate makes it unstable and prone to lockups if this is the case so likely that will never be improved

If you can get a raw video sample from each (not YouTube) you could at least compare the results of each and check the bitrate yourself

Thanks for the reply jokiin

I emailed foxoffer and got a response almost straight away. They replied with the following info taken from a short video sample:

Dear Martin,

Below is the answer for you question:

Could you please tell me what the bitrate is for the GS8000?

Below is the media info for your reference:
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 19s 819ms
Bit rate mode : Variable
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Resolution : 24 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.000
Stream size : 21.5 MiB (98%)
Title : Ambarella AVC / Ambarella AVC
Encoded date : UTC 2012-07-21 06:57:37

Also does it save file as .AVI or .MOV?

It save file as .MOV.

Thank you.

best regards,

Leo Zhou

FoxOffer.com
Tel: +86 755 8286 1893 Fax: +86 755 2214 5575
Email: Support@FoxOffer.com
Web: www.FoxOffer.com

Last edited by a moderator:
guess they didn't understand the question if that's what they sent you, if you can get a short sample video you can check it yourself quite easily

Doesn't matter now, I've found a quality camera that I was looking for from someone with a reputable record ;-)

Don't touch a Gs8000 with a barge pole, had 2 fail now including the latest one I bought from Fox Offer and still had no communication with.

Back