F800 PRO re-branded in Italy with Alpine DVR-F800PRO

hunte88

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi, i saw in my country that is available this product re-branded sith brand Alpine.
Do you think that the rear camera of thinkware (my 800 pro is ended but i think the rear camera still works) is compatible with a re-branded camera ?
I wrote to the Alpine support for this case but i think they answer me that is not compatible for to force me to bo buy theirs.
Thanks a lot

This is common brands put their name on some generic product, many have done this before.
Your Thinkware might not be compatible with the Alpine branded Thinkware camera, this as i understand it have to do with the boot loader that might be different to keep the 2 things apart.

Your rear camera might be compatible if it is the same hardware in the 2 brand cameras, i doubt the wire layout in the wire and plugs are changed, BUT ! i am guessing here.

A 1 channel version of a F800 PRO might be a different firmware too than the 2 channel version, i know 1 channel systems that have a option to upgrade to 2 channel might need a new firmware too before you connect the second camera.

Guys, the support not answer me yet. I saw that the app for cloud is the same of thinkware. In this case i can hope that there is compatibility ?

P.S: in your country the request of support come resolved ?

Guys, the support not answer me yet. I saw that the app for cloud is the same of thinkware. In this case i can hope that there is compatibility ?

P.S: in your country the request of support come resolved ?

Not familiar with the Alpine Italy's dash cam line up, but you could try purchasing a F800PRO rear cam from Amazon and return it if it does not work.

Back