F800 Pro sounds like it's rebooting while driving

• Thread starter Deleted member 56879
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56879

Twice while driving my vehicle, I hear the camera say the usual startup prompts: "Continuous Recording will now start.... GPS Connected." I'm fairly certain that it's rebooting while I'm driving. Then it's fine for the rest of the drive. When I shut the car off, it goes into parking mode just fine. When I restart the car it powers back up and all is good. Another thing that this camera is doing is I hear the motion alert (ding), and no one is in front of me or behind me, and it keeps dinging, and dinging and dinging for the whole ride.

I have a second F800 Pro in another car with zero issues. What do you think the issue is with this one?

Good point. I’ve reformatted it, I’ll try swapping it out. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to review my footage and there is literally a 1 minute gap from where the unit rebooted while driving. I was using a Sandisk Ultra 128GiB SD Card, which didn't have issues in the past. I have the original 32GiB SD that I'm going to put in the camera. On another thread someone said that Thinkware and SanDisk cards do not work well. I'll give this a shot and see what happens.

Usually it is a sign that there is an issue with the SD card. My short lived SD card lasts ~ 6 months. My longest lived SD card lasted 2 years (driving and parking mode). I think it is a hit and miss.

My shortest lived memory cards, was at the time also the most expensive cards i have ever gotten, barely got to fill up the 64 GB cards one time.
The memory card are always the weak link, with just about any kind of camera issues trying another memory card ( any other memory card ) is one of the first things one should consider.

Update: popped Samsung memory card in, and all seems to be well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back