F800Pro continuously recording at night while parked in my garage (parking mode/motion detection turned on)

catchthecarp

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware F800 Pro / Cellink Neo
I have an F800Pro and Cellink NEO 6 battery pack in my car (obviously hard wired). Recently it has started to continuously record in parking mode while the car is parked in my garage at night. When I review the footage there is no movement - just grey looking images from the ambient light. It's as if the camera is constantly detecting motion some how and filling up the SD card. The F800pro is few years old and out of warranty. Parking mode/motion detections works fine in the day when I am work - its only at night while parked in my garage that it has this problem. Anyone else run across this issue or know how to fix it. I just shut the camera off while parked in the garage - but it used to work as expected.

Also - will the cables from the F800Pro work with the U1000? In the event I need new cameral I don't won't to run new cable if I don't need to.

Are the files showing as continuous recording files or as motion files?

Do note that even the tiniest movement/pixel movement detection (lights flickering, tree leaves swaying, etc.) can trigger motion detection.

The power cable and front/rear cable between the F800PRO and U1000 are the exact same.

They are being written as motion files (parking mode). There is a some ambient light from a street light coming in thru a window but I don't see any motion/movement such as reflections from blowing tree limbs or flickering light. The motion detection sensitivity is currently set to Low, I will try setting it to last setting --> Lowest and see if that has any effect. Thanks for the info on the cables!

Back