Faulty Battery?

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 422gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
My 422gw is literally under 2 weeks purchased from a Halfords store. It’s on my van windscreen always plugged so it’s on charge pretty much when I’m travelling, started to notice at the end of the working day I take the dash cam off the mount & it displays low battery?! Have to charge it up inside the hours for a good 2.5 hours (until blue light goes off) before re using it. Hope this isn’t a faulty battery occurring... otherwise will return it & get a full refund & will purchase a 312g or another 412gw which seems more reliable at the moment for me as battery seems to last longer

Any ideas/advice?

Maybe the parking mode is being triggered too often?

I had similar issues with another unit. Battery was faulty from new. Left it too late to claim and had to buy another battery. Get it back whilst in warranty.

I have parking turned off... Its still having the same low battery symptoms so having to charge it inside the house every 2-3 days so yeah will probably return it & get a full refund not interested in the warranty & a new battery tbh I expected better from a new dash cam tbh

I was disappointed when I learned of the battery instead of the trend to super capacitors. It was one of the reasons I decided against this model.

If only they'd based their new model range on the 380 design but with 1440 and a CPL

I noticed today whilst driving (when In shadows you can see the led lights better) the red led was recording as normal but the blue light was flickering really fast constantly as usually its soikd until fully charged...

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your comments, I've consulted with our Engineering team regarding the lack of battery charge and the flickering blue charging light. Please can you advise the firmware version currently on your 422GW?

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K 422GW 0
R 422GW 20
Back