Feature request: Turn on interior camera while in parking mode, turn off interior camera in normal mode

JagMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have three cars each equipped with a Viofo A139 Pro 3-channel dashcam with Viofo hardwire kit. I turn off the interior camera manually when I drive by pressing (and holding) the yellow triangle button and turn it back on when I park. Unfortunately, sometimes I forget to do this each time.

My use case: Don't want to record videos of passengers while I drive. Want to record when I park to capture any activity within the range of the interior camera's wide angle lens (interior and sides of the car).

Would it be possible for Viofo to add this feature as an option that can be enabled/disabled when the dashcam goes to parking mode/normal mode into future firmware? Thanks.

I sent a message to support asking for something similar back in june, in the A229 v1.3 BETA firmware they added options to turn off gps / interior camera in parking mode so I asked if this was coming to the A139 / A139 Pro.

Obviously you want the opposite (turn on camera in parking mode)

So better still, if they could add options so people could choose the camera state in parking and driving mode.

Back