Feedback on A139 Pro 2 Channels

viperx

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Saw quite a few youtube reviews on this dashcam and am considering replacing my current dashcam with this. My current dashcam(iRoad x9) is very stable and reliable as a dashcam should be. My only complain is that it struggles to capture number plates when lighting conditions are less optimal and especially when passing other cars at different speeds.

Back to A139 Pro. All the reviews I have seen are excellent but stumbled upon this forum and noticed that there are quite a few threads reporting issues with the dashcam. Most concerning of all is the dashcam stops recording randomly.

Hence would like to get a sensing if these are one off issues or of real concern. Especially with the issue of dashcam not recording.

Any inputs are welcome. TIA. :)

Hence would like to get a sensing if these are one off issues or of real concern.
According to my many years of practice, this is a permanent fact of the software of ANY electronic Chinese product.
Having overcome, in most cases, problems with the hardware of devices, the Chinese comrades, unfortunately, cannot work with the software.
Well, it is impossible for them, yet, to write reliable codes.
IMHO!!!
Here you yourself must weigh the risks and headaches from unfinished software and your desire to have this device.
Good luck.

Most concerning of all is the dashcam stops recording randomly.
I agree that these seem to be the most concerning reports. I am not referring to the intermittent loss of recordings, but where the dashcam stopped recording. I believe there were 2 users who reported this (disturbingly, not just one), but perhaps due to bad hardware units. One of them has not seen the same issue with their replacement unit. While still not good, it's something that is at least not difficult to notice if you experience it too.

In contrast most other A139 Pro owners here have not experienced any recording faults - I myself have checked the app regularly after the post, but my recordings have been solid since early March ownership. As with most consumer electronics items there may be the occasional bad hardware units. Posts in forums will highlight bad and intermittent issues, and these will not necessarily be representative of the experience for most owners.

For me, the hardware specs of the A139 Pro dominated my decisions and so far its performance has been strong. Especially if the dashcam is not a big investment for you, trust in the warranty and replacement policy of where you buy it. The feedback in this forum indicates it's much more probable that you won't have any issues, but go into it eyes open and watch for any issues in your unit.

I've had my A139 Pro 2ch Front/Rear paired with a Blackboxmycar Powercell 8 now since November and mine has been solid. I have had no issues at all. I really love this dashcam.

Saw quite a few youtube reviews on this dashcam and am considering replacing my current dashcam with this. My current dashcam(iRoad x9) is very stable and reliable as a dashcam should be. My only complain is that it struggles to capture number plates when lighting conditions are less optimal and especially when passing other cars at different speeds.

Back to A139 Pro. All the reviews I have seen are excellent but stumbled upon this forum and noticed that there are quite a few threads reporting issues with the dashcam. Most concerning of all is the dashcam stops recording randomly.

Hence would like to get a sensing if these are one off issues or of real concern. Especially with the issue of dashcam not recording.

Any inputs are welcome. TIA. :)
I had that problem it would just stop recording randomly without any signs. Everything starts and looks like it was working fine but until I went into the app to look for videos footages then I was shocked not to see videos. I then contacted Viofo and worked with them trying different things even resetting the camera back to factory then finally they sent me an update which helped and now my camera is working fine. If you decide to get one and after you get it up and running check on the app for the firmware version.
Old firmware that came with my camera Firmware VIOFO A139P V1.0 0301
Updated to Firmware, VIOFO A139P V1.1 0504

Hope that helps.

For me, the hardware specs of the A139 Pro dominated my decisions and so far its performance has been strong. Especially if the dashcam is not a big investment for you, trust in the warranty and replacement policy of where you buy it. The feedback in this forum indicates it's much more probable that you won't have any issues, but go into it eyes open and watch for any issues in your unit.
Yes, hardware specs is one of the main factors for me as well on top of having a reliable recording. Have been impressed at it's ability to capture license plates when pitted against rival dashcams from the various YouTube comparison videos. If i do proceed with this, will likely have to do more frequent checks on it's recordings which I'm actually already doing with my current dashcam but just not as frequent.

I had that problem it would just stop recording randomly without any signs. Everything starts and looks like it was working fine but until I went into the app to look for videos footages then I was shocked not to see videos. I then contacted Viofo and worked with them trying different things even resetting the camera back to factory then finally they sent me an update which helped and now my camera is working fine. If you decide to get one and after you get it up and running check on the app for the firmware version.
Old firmware that came with my camera Firmware VIOFO A139P V1.0 0301
Updated to Firmware, VIOFO A139P V1.1 0504

Hope that helps.
Thanks, this is good info. Thanks to all for the inputs as well.

Back