Few issue - any ideas?

Dano28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Noticed that a handful of times now the cameras preview screen will stay on, it shows the red flashing recording light on the screen but not on the camera body, other problem I have had a couple of times is the recording light on the body not flashing at all but the screen has gone blank after the 30 seconds or 15 seconds (whatever I have it set to). Have resolved both by holding the power button down and turning it off and back on.

Just plugged the micro USB into the laptop today as I wanted to review some footage from today and looking through the recordings there are several yellow triangled explaination marks.. Including one today on the last 3 minute segment..

Registration viewer says:

"Codec not found. Splitter, Splitter"

"Most likely, the file is broken."
"Try to repair it"

Another window then pops up and says:

"The file or directory \DCIM etc etc is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility."

First recording is dated 04/12/2016 that has a yellow triangle and explaination mark and I have five in total including today over a period of 16/11/2016 to today.

Any help or suggestions please? I'm not that "techy" so noting too complicated :)

Thanks
Dan

do you have motion detect turned on in the menu?

what's the serial number of your camera?

what is the current firmware version you have installed?

if there's some hardware issue @niko will be able to help you out

Thank you for the quick response!

Motion Detection is switched off.
Serial number is: SGGC - B15530988
Version: SG20160628.V2 (is that the firmware version)

Thanks
Dan

Am using the 128gb Toshiba that came with the camera and the supplied 12v cigarette socket power lead.

I'm not sure how old the card as it arrived with the camera when I bought it in August this year.

ok, not familiar with that card, do you have any other card you can test with?

probably a good idea to update the firmware and reset default settings, format the card etc to make sure everything is fresh

Had recently similar case but with 32Gb. Formatting card inside unit helped.
Let me know how it will work for you.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Ok will format the card, I normally do this in the camera when I have done it in the past.

Is there where I get the firmware from https://streetguardian.info/support because I already have V2?

Thanks
Dan

Ok. Keep us updated.

@Dano28 please check your PM box. I sent you some additional instructions.

Back