File Sharing Test

gapi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129
I have lost patience with Vimeo and UTube, and Sony Vegas in trying to get decent quality uploads. So I am trying MediaFire for uploading RAW 1 minute 122MB videos from the A129.
As for a limited audience due to file size its not intended to show-off videos for casual viewing, its for examples of the A129 Duo that interested parties may want to sample. Most folks shopping for cams should be doing so on PC/Mac 1080p or more monitors not cellular devices eating up Data.
I'm going to be doing a review thread and my content will be a little unconventional. Of course I'll be doing fair weather videos but I'll also do night time in the dark examples. And with and without WDR and CPFs'. And perhaps requested scenarios.
I'll be running two A129 Duos, one in Charger R/T and Chevy Z71.

So first I want to do a trial embed here and get your feed back. The 122MB file uploaded in 1 minute. Hit the DL link and choose open if you don't want to save it.

Let me know, I'm open to suggestions and feedback.

Daytime/A119 CPL/ WDR On/ Overcast Day There is some vignetting in the corners from the A119 CPL. EDIT: Not vignetting, sorry, the top left is my RV Mirror, the bottom corners are dash reflections., the wider these things get the more of this we will see. The kind CPFs' don't handle. I'll be showing sun examples soon.
Those are not scratches on my dash, but wiper reflections. It had me going the 1st time I seen them.

Last edited:
Was that 60fps running front only, or was it running dual at 30fps? That video was clear as a bell. beautiful picture quality, now I am even more impressed how good the A129 Dashcam is. Are you going to upload rear cam videos also? I am very happy with my A129 so far, I was playing with comparing my GoPro against the A129 and although the GoPro performed better in daytime and with less glare issues, the A129 is much better then the GoPro at night, although I didn't play around with the GoPro Protune features to improve night vision. I am happy making the decision to get the A129 after mu DR750S got stolen.

Running both cams, high bit rate and 60Mhz. I really like how I can pause videos and read signs and tags. At night its great but reading or pausing to read small signs and tags while moving can be difficult.
I'll be putting some up. Heh, I gotta clean my glass for the nigh shots, if one wants to do a review he needs clean windshields. Man what a pain it is to clean interior glass.

Last edited:
Running both cams, 60fps chosen in the settings, high bit rate and 60Mhz. I really like how I can pause videos and read signs and tags. At night its great but reading or pausing to read small signs and tags while moving can be difficult.
I'll be putting some up. Heh, I gotta clean my glass for the nigh shots, if one wants to do a review he needs clean windshields. Man what a pain it is to clean interior glass.

To make glass cleaning easy on the interior front and back, I purchased this tool kit (see link) for glass cleaning and it is great to get in the corners and the Stoner Glass cleaner works great... https://www.detailedimage.com/Stoner-M20/Stoner-Invisible-Glass-Microfiber-Mop-Kit-P534/. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I thought if both front and rear are running at same time on the A129 it only can do 30fps. You only can get 60fps on the front if you disconnect the rear cam. thats what I understood from watching member- Harsh's https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofos-a129-duo.34939/ walk- through videos...

My grammar could have been better. By Both Cams I menat 30 fps 30fps, and the 60Hz was vs the 50 setting. I tell you with that Starvis sensor if there is any available light, be it a porch or street lamp it takes full advantage. With just headlights in total dark areas it captures the same as we see.

I have lost patience with Vimeo and UTube, and Sony Vegas in trying to get decent quality uploads. So I am trying MediaFire for uploading RAW 1 minute 122MB videos from the A129.
As for a limited audience due to file size its not intended to show-off videos for casual viewing, its for examples of the A129 Duo that interested parties may want to sample. Most folks shopping for cams should be doing so on PC/Mac 1080p or more monitors not cellular devices eating up Data.
I'm going to be doing a review thread and my content will be a little unconventional. Of course I'll be doing fair weather videos but I'll also do night time in the dark examples. And with and without WDR and CPFs'. And perhaps requested scenarios.
I'll be running two A129 Duos, one in Charger R/T and Chevy Z71.

So first I want to do a trial embed here and get your feed back. The 122MB file uploaded in 1 minute. Hit the DL link and choose open if you don't want to save it.

Let me know, I'm open to suggestions and feedback.

Daytime/A119 CPL/ WDR On/ Overcast Day There is some vignetting in the corners from the A119 CPL. EDIT: Not vignetting, sorry, the top left is my RV Mirror, the bottom corners are dash reflections., the wider these things get the more of this we will see. The kind CPFs' don't handle. I'll be showing sun examples soon.
Those are not scratches on my dash, but wiper reflections. It had me going the 1st time I seen them.

Can i suggest trying mega.nz ? Its basically cloud storage. I got 50 Gigs as a new user (not sure if its still that way).

You should use the app for major uploads and downloads as i dont think the browser can handle too much.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'm pretty happy so far with MediaFire. $3.75 a month I get 1TB with 20GB file size uploads. I'm uploading 122MB files in about one minute and downloading to play in the same. Add Free.
Like myself they are based in the US.

Guys I found a great freeware utility for trimming videos without rendering any compression or conversions. No quality loss. You can however do conversions if you like.

Its called Xmedia Recode. So far all I see are options to shorten at the ends. I found a crude UTube tutorial.
I couldn't get it to work as shown but pay attention to the [ ] buttons above the time line number fields. They set the beginning and the ends.
I click them at the points I want while viewing or drag the video slider and click them, then add to que and encode.
Be sure to see at the very bottom to not over write and save your trims separately.

Here is a sample, not a Viofo video.

Guys I found a great freeware utility for trimming videos without rendering any compression or conversions. No quality loss. You can however do conversions if you like.

Its called Xmedia Recode. So far all I see are options to shorten at the ends. I found a crude UTube tutorial.
I couldn't get it to work as shown but pay attention to the [ ] buttons above the time line number fields. They set the beginning and the ends.
I click them at the points I want while viewing or drag the video slider and click them, then add to que and encode.
Be sure to see at the very bottom to not over write and save your trims separately.

Here is a sample, not a Viofo video.

Looks like it uses ffmpeg to do the work, if you use ffmpeg yourself then you can choose start and finish, and do a lot more such as joining the sections together to make a single file without reencoding, and maybe providing a reasonably compressed version for those that don't want to download huge files.

Guys I found a great freeware utility for trimming videos without rendering any compression or conversions.
Registrator Viewer , the program cuts, glues, removes sound, etc., the video is saved in its original quality.

Back