Files became corrupted while reviewing footage

peodi3

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is an odd behavior because it's the first time this happens to me. While reviewing my video from the dashcam , VLC gives me an error saying it can't play the file, and then suddenly all the files in my folder become corrupted are gone and replaced with this one file 2GB+ and renamed in random characters, and also in the root folder. Has this also happened before to anyone ?

1.png
2.png

That usually means the memory card is going bad in my expereince. (from any dashcam)

That usually means the memory card is going bad in my expereince. (from any dashcam)

I just bought this card brand new bundled with the camera. It's a Samsung 64GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO Select

Ah yes, I've seen a bad card reader do a number on a few cards in the past as well.

Attach files
I just bought this card brand new bundled with the camera. It's a Samsung 64GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO Select

Sadly that's the name of the game some times, i had the same happen to me ( card dying ) and it barely filled up one time ( 64 Gb Trancent ultimate 633X U3 black and gold card )
After i got the card swapped out by amazon its been easy going with it, though it dont see daily use as it is normally to be found in my Sj7 Star action camera.

Okay, I just got a replacement card, we'll see how it goes.

Back