Finding FW Version

liveinxs

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius ActionCam, Front, Rear and both Sides
Hello,

For some reason, my laptop won't find my Mobius, when I connect it, so I had to download the text file onto the card, then using a cardreader, I viewed and setup the cam...

My question is, how can I find out which version of the FW do I have installed on my cam, is it on the text file...

If it makes a difference, I just received my cam the other day...

Thanks

The last lines in SYSCFG.TXT should look like this:
Code:
{TLCAM MOV:TLCAM Mobius ActionCam 2013/12/25 v1.13}
{LDTLCAM,v003}
In this case 1.13 is the FW version.

The Mobius is quite picky in terms of what USB cable you use. Try to avoid cheap and thin ones. Try using the cable that was supplied with the Mobius or a high quality one, that might solve the connection issue.

The Mobius is quite picky in terms of what USB cable you use. Try to avoid cheap and thin ones. Try using the cable that was supplied with the Mobius or a high quality one, that might solve the connection issue.
Yes that is the cable I am using, the one that came from SpyTec with the cam..

Tried calling them, they were no help, a little disappointed in CS...

Yes that is the cable I am using, the one that came from SpyTec with the cam..

Tried calling them, they were no help, a little disappointed in CS...
Well then it's most likely not the cable. The Mobius has a built-in USB switch that detects a shortage between pins and then switches from USB client mode to video-out mode. Perhaps something is wrong there, but I don't have sufficient knowledge to tell where to look. Try contacting SpyTec by E-mail if you've not done that already to let them sort out your problem. They should at least take this one back to check it. And from there on, they could send it in for repair or send you a replacement.

Which computer is giving you connection problems (i.e Window 8, Windows 7)? One thing to try is connecting the Mobius to the computer before powering the computer on. Forgive the silly questions, you do have the card in and are turning on the Mobius when connected?

Next steps if that doesn't work is to try a different USB port, a different cable and or a different computer. As mentioned cables can be picky and Windows 8 has had driver issues.

That has happened to me before, try removing the device manually from device manager

Well everyone who helped me, I thank you very much....

I solved the problem, would you believe it was the brand new wire that I got with the camera, from SpyTec. ...

I found another wire, and tried it, sure enough, it came right up on my computer...

I was even able to upgrade the FW to I think, v2.18, it was v1.20

Again, thanks to everyone. ..Eric

Yes, I have found that it does make a difference between different USB cables, if the camera shows up or not.

Back