FineVu 500 CR HD may be faulty please advise

Snurby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I don't know if anyone can help me but I just purchased a Finevu dash camera 500 CR HD with the GPS unit and have it connected to the power magic pro for times when the vehicle is left unattended it will still record.

These may be problems and I do not know if they are problems beciase Finevu support is non existent as they most never reply & there is no information out there as to the proper operation of these devices so I'm lost at sea and do not want to return it if it isn't faulty & also do not want to be told lies by the vendor so I'm looking honest impartial advice but this is how my unit operates please inform me if this is faulty or is this the normal every day operation of this unit.

(1) When the car is startedGPS turns on and so does the Finevu normal everything is fine no issues.

(2) When the car is parked & the ignition is turned off and they key pulled out of the ignition GPS unit stays on and keeps blinking then the Finevu goes into parking mode, is this normal for the GPS unit to stay permanently on and blinking blue I thought it would have disabled and still provide power to the Finevu.

(3) When I return to the vehicle put the key into the ignition & turn on the vehicle on engine started, the Camera & Video icons are flashing purple and stay on should the finevu not come out of parking mode automatically when the power is restored to the unit or how long should I have to wait for the finevu after turning on the ignition to go to normal recording mode, I should not have to manually press the M button should I to bring it out of parking mode interestingly enough if Leave it like this two flashing purple icon I can not access those video files once I hook up to a computer.

I would like a reply to this problem or maybe there are no problems at all.

I await your kind quick reply.

Thank you.

I would think as soon as you started moving it should come out of parking mode, not just because you started the car

I would think as soon as you started moving it should come out of parking mode, not just because you started the car

I was driving and it did not come out of parking mode both camera and video were flashing purple and even the video was not able to be watched as it was corrupted the video files that is, as I had parked the car returned back to the car 15 minutes later and then started the car then drove and it never came out of parking mode, would a firmware update fix this unit or will it need to be sent back for a replacement refund etc etc or can you advise as to what to do next to resolve this problem as it is hard wired into my motor vehicle? Thanks

Back