FineVu CR-500HD - Problem statistics

KoreanDVR

Reaction score
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Hi everybody,

Main goal of this topic - to determine, how many devices, appears with different problems

For example,
I've purchased only 20pcs, but now i have problem with 2x devices and 2x GPS modules from different customers.

Devices with the same problem - no start
Powering up dashcam, will turn on all LED's, but photo and camcorder buttons will stay in white color forever
But device will stay in this state forever from USB or 12v.
Reset will not help
Didn't tried to firmware, but i'am sure this will not help too

Both GPS modules are with the same problem too.
When GPS module powers up, GPS LED will light up for less than a second
While red LED on backside will stay work
Power to dashcam distributes with no problem
Only GPS will not work

Did anyone else, experienced such problems with device and GPS module?
Did anyone tried to repair GPS module?

Purchased from official overseas distributor in Korea
FineVu's under warranty and will be sent back.
But question is - how often will it happen with FineVu model?

KoreanDVR said:
Purchased from official overseas distributor in Korea
FineVu's under warranty and will be sent back.
But question is - how often will it happen with FineVu model?

ok, at least you have support, I think sometimes the grey market stock from Koreans is questionable, there are far too many failures for what should be premium product

KoreanDVR said:
Devices with the same problem - no start
Powering up dashcam, will turn on all LED's, but photo and camcorder buttons will stay in white color forever
But device will stay in this state forever from USB or 12v.

Hi, I just got a new one with this problem, except it works fine with USB in. Buttons stay white forever only when connected to 12v.

I recently purchased two of the FineVu CR-500HD cams, with GPS modules, and CPL filters, from KPMH Laser Pro (Canadian Distributor).
From the very start, had poor video quality with one of the units. Not really happy with either one, compared to videos I've seen online.
Seems to be some real consistency and quality-control issues.

I have since decided that it was a very poor decision to spend over $850 (US) on these cams. KPMH is being "kind" enough to exchange one of the units; would not allow me to return both for a refund.

My fault though; should have spent more time researching the products! Looking at trying out one of the DOD LS cams (LS300W, 430)?

Some updates on statistics
Among ~50 sold units
1 unit replaced for warranty - white buttons, startup problem
12 units - faulty GPS modules replaced

And more often "problem" with GPS units, when customer do not connect GPS signal connector firmly
In this case GPS module working ok, blue LED blinking, but there are no message about GPS and no GPS data recorded.
Just connect GPS signal connector firmly
Not a problem, but need some attention to users, who taking camera home often.

But overall quality, i'am still think it's best
I'am using CR500 myself, because of picture quality
I don't need WiFi and screen on my camera - have never used ability to show video in car, in my experience from 2008

Back