Firmware 2.0

jeproks

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everybody! Long time lurker and I finally decided to join. I bought a DR650GW 2ch and installed it on my 2015 Toyota Highlander. I updated the firmware from 1.007 to 1.009 2 days ago and I happened to check again today and looks like they just released 2.0 which supports blackvue to the cloud. Downloaded the update on my iphone and connected it via wifi and it started the update. Unfortunately, the app no longer connects. I checked blackvue's website and IOS update is coming soon. I had to downgrade back to 1.009 to get the app working again.

Have no need for cloud so I won't be updating. My car doesn't have a built-in phone or data capabilities anyways I don't think.

Hi everybody! Long time lurker and I finally decided to join. I bought a DR650GW 2ch and installed it on my 2015 Toyota Highlander. I updated the firmware from 1.007 to 1.009 2 days ago and I happened to check again today and looks like they just released 2.0 which supports blackvue to the cloud. Downloaded the update on my iphone and connected it via wifi and it started the update. Unfortunately, the app no longer connects. I checked blackvue's website and IOS update is coming soon. I had to downgrade back to 1.009 to get the app working again.

No point in upgrading to 2.000 unless you will be using the Cloud service.

Last edited:
I, and I suspect many, many others, would like a Firmware Upgrade that solves the over-sensitive Motion Detection system on this model, especially in parking mode

I, and I suspect many, many others, would like a Firmware Upgrade that solves the over-sensitive Motion Detection system on this model, especially in parking mode
Or.. have the WiFi capable of connecting to a PC..Forcing users to put the cloud in the path to a PC is a dumb idea

As well as connecting to my phone, it also connects to the Blackvue application on my computer in my living room - no problem

Or.. have the WiFi capable of connecting to a PC..Forcing users to put the cloud in the path to a PC is a dumb idea

Actually, it's a interesting idea. No way can wifi reach our PC from our cars.

Cars now have built-in phone / data capabilities. Best to take advantage of it. But I'm wondering if there is an extra charge for this service?

Actually, it's a interesting idea. No way can wifi reach our PC from our cars.
And what good does WiFi in the cloud do while you are driving. I park my car.. where there is WiFi.. and would like to be able to D/L or view data WITHOUT having to remove the memory card.

Cars now have built-in phone / data capabilities. Best to take advantage of it. But I'm wondering if there is an extra charge for this service?
Of course there will be an extra charge.. as well as the cost of buying a car with built in phone / data capabilities. Spending ~$400.00 Cnd on my camera is about as much as I want to invest.

Back