Firmware addition

Blockisle9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just a thought. I keep my audio on so I can confirm the camera is recording. “SD card detected, recording started”. I would like to turn that off and only receive an audio alert if it did not detect the the SD card and if it wasn’t recording.
Not a big deal,

If you switch "Voice prompts" in APP, all audio alert (includes this " SD card errors") should be mute!

I know I can turn off all alerts,
I’d like to be able to set it to ONLY hear alerts if there is a SD card or recording error.
Thanks for continued support
Lenny

Hey Lenny,
Cannot do that, all voice alerts work as a whole sound bin file, cannot set up in firmware one by one!

Thanks, I don’t think it will work. “Note that the voice prompts ‘SD Card Detected’ and ‘Recording Start’ are not replaced.”

Hey Lenny,
Cannot do that, all voice alerts work as a whole sound bin file, cannot set up in firmware one by one!

Just a quick comment, I think there is still a bit of confusion, and perhaps @Blockisle9's request could be described differently.

Right now, the B1W plays two sounds at startup, one indicating that the SD card was found, and another indicating that the camera has started recording. Both of these are sounds indicating that a condition or situation has succeeded.

What @Blockisle9 was suggesting, was that instead of indicating SUCCESS, the camera could instead play sounds in response to ERRORS only.
So for example, in a normal case, if the card was found and the camera started recording, the camera would remain silent.
However, if the card was NOT found, or the recording for some reason could NOT start, that is when the camera would play a sound - "SD Card Not Found!" or "Camera Cannot Record!"... something to that effect.

So it's not a request to change the sounds to beeps, or to selectively disable certain sounds from playing... it's a request for an alternate set of logic or conditions for when sounds should be played. :)

The end result would be a camera that was generally quiet, only making sounds when it had a condition requiring attention. It's sort of like how your car's dashboard has a "check engine" light that only comes on when something is wrong - as opposed to a "Your engine is OK!" light that lights up every time you start it. ;)

(And a note for @Blockisle9 - If you enabled this, you would have to be absolutely sure your method of powering the camera was reliable. Otherwise a camera with a failed power source would seem the same as a camera that had started successfully - i.e., there wouldn't be any power to play any warning sounds.)

Thank you, Never even thought of that. I think I’ll just keep it the way it is.

Give it a try with firmware 20180528s, this newest firmware adds sound beep if card errors. For example, if a failed card, it will say "Please insert sd card"; if a slow speed card, it will sound beep alert;

Then with this and and newest firmware, will only alert when a error is detected?. I assume that if I set "Equipment beep" to OFF, error sound still will be played?

I assume that if I set "Equipment beep" to OFF, error sound still will be played?
No, you should switch "Equipment beep" ON

Then no way to only get warnings or with that firmware (I will update mine to the newest one tomorrow)?, or this new firmware already do that and only plays warnings?

This new firmware adds this Sound alert, and the rest is same as previous firmware!

Back