Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hi guys

I've got the E-Prance 0803
I followed the instructions on DST's 0803 page
TKXFloW.png

tried the latest firmware from: http://dc.p-mc.eu/0803/firmware

both the 1 card and 2 card versions (wasnt sure what i had)

tried them using default filename, as well as renaming to "firmware.bin" and made sure to format the SDCARD everytime (using windows format tool)

None of them brought up the update prompt on the device, the device just started recording on power up like usual :(

What am I missing?

Regards

32GB class10 .. works fine when recording and stuff..
shall i try a 16GB?

Had the same problem when i fist got my 0803.
When i renamed the filr to (firmware.bin) nothing happend like yours but when i renamed the file to (firmware) it updated corre tly. Dont know why but its worth a try. Mine was also from E-prancs.

In my experience there is no need to format the card, or even delete existing files.

Are you sure that you haven't named the file "firmware.bin.bin" - ie if the operating system isn't showing the file extensions then you don't see the bit after the last ".".

Mine's not the "E-Prance" hardware, so might be slightly different, but I had no problem updating firmware using a 64GB card, as long as it was pre-formatted and the file was named 'firmware.bin'.

Bit clarity needed here to explain what a one card or two card mini 0803 is.

I assume one card is either built in memory or memory card? and that two card is both?

Bit clarity needed here to explain what a one card or two card mini 0803 is.

I assume one card is either built in memory or memory card? and that two card is both?

one card is external memory only

two card has a pre-installed internal memory card plus you can still put an external card in, it can use one or the other though, not both

Had the same problem when i fist got my 0803.
When i renamed the filr to (firmware.bin) nothing happend like yours but when i renamed the file to (firmware) it updated corre tly. Dont know why but its worth a try. Mine was also from E-prancs.

Alright ill give this a shot..

In my experience there is no need to format the card, or even delete existing files.

Are you sure that you haven't named the file "firmware.bin.bin" - ie if the operating system isn't showing the file extensions then you don't see the bit after the last ".".

yes i'm pretty sure i got it named correctly (my default settings are to show file extensions always.. i dont like hiding extensions personally)

I am having the same issue. Did you you have any success in getting yours to update?

Thanks,
Ed

Did you format the card in your computer or by using the 'format' option in the unit itself? Should be done in the unit, however, I don't know if it actually does make a difference, might be worth a try.

Back