Firmware question?

READER84

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, im running the firmware on my SJ4000wifi that can be seen in the picture, i thought it was the latest but the SJCAM app is telling me to update my firmware before i can use it. Any ideas what i should do?
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 30
Woah, this definitely is not the latest firmware.

Prior to considering an upgrade, make sure your SJ4000 is original and not a copy.

And absolutely DO NOT UPGRADE unless you are confident to do it.

If your camera is a fake or a clone, upgrading it will break it entirely.

Once you are sure, go to manufacturers site and download the latest firmware and FOLLOW the instructions provided there.

Since you have SJ4000 WiFi your FW and instructions are on this link.

Latest version enables Time-Lapse, for me that was important. I upgraded from

Version: G20141101V01
Date: Oct 31 2014
Firm: SJCAM

And had no issues.

Be careful when upgrading your firmware. There are many fake SJCAMs on the market now and Banggood.com is one of the reasons why!

Banggood has sold hundreds, if not thousands of FAKE SJCAMs in the past year.

As Pavle has stated, make sure you have an authentic cam BEFORE you upgrade the firmware!

Hi all, im running the firmware on my SJ4000wifi that can be seen in the picture, i thought it was the latest but the SJCAM app is telling me to update my firmware before i can use it. Any ideas what i should do?
Thanks

I know I'm not running the latest firmware on my camera but I've never had the app tell me to update the firmware. Camera firmware G20150408V02. App version 2.9.8 (422). If you have the original package the camera came in there's a security code on the side of the box. You can enter this code at the SJCam website to verify that you have an authentic camera. https://sjcamhd.com/safe/

Back