Firmware update failure

DJ70

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900X Plus-2CH, DR900S-2CH. (+ several previous)
Yesterday I received notification on the app of a firmware update to 1.015. This morning I tried, 3 times, but while all stated success the firmware version listed has not updated.

I did the first via the web viewer, the following two from the mobile app (once from inside the car). On each occasion everything showed successful, even confirmed by the camera voice, but the update notification refuses to go away (web viewer & app).

This is just another in the long line of failures from this poor company :mad:

They keep pushing new stuff instead of making the things we've already spent good money on actually work!

Attachments

• 1.015.jpg
    1.015.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 4
Yesterday I received notification on the app of a firmware update to 1.015. This morning I tried, 3 times, but while all stated success the firmware version listed has not updated.

I did the first via the web viewer, the following two from the mobile app (once from inside the car). On each occasion everything showed successful, even confirmed by the camera voice, but the update notification refuses to go away (web viewer & app).

This is just another in the long line of failures from this poor company :mad:

They keep pushing new stuff instead of making the things we've already spent good money on actually work!
I’m having the same problem, this along with the continual app problems and Vodafone UK no longer offering a smart sim for this device I’m beginning to look at getting rid of this overpriced camera system for good and looking elsewhere

Experience has taught me never to waste time with support in Korea, they're as useful as a chocolate teapot! Instead I've contacted the UK.
Unfortunately that isn't must better, but at least he replied.

After detailing the issue with screenshots, he came back with "Where are you seeing v.1.015 ? as v.1.014 is the latest firmware for your camera."

If that's correct then why does the app offer 1.015 - & more yet why does it then say the update completed?

That app is easily one of the worst I've ever come across :mad:

Overpriced and under resourced products. It's only the image quality that's stopped me ripping the crap out and changing brands.

I'd heard of the Vodafone issue but as I use Talkmobile it doesn't affect me. They do SIM only (it includes calls & texts but I just ignore those) at a reasonable cost, & it works.

and looking elsewhere
If you look for the same, chance are you will be in the same place.

I am wondering how S Korean can sell so many phones ASO, i can only assume some are extraordinary good at customer care / service.

odd, i got the update and did the remote firmware update and it worked fine

odd, i got the update and did the remote firmware update and it worked fine

What dashcam do you have?

Apparently 1.015 is aimed at 770 & 970 series, yet it's being pushed to 900's. This appears to be where BlackVue have - again -****ed up.

My bad I ended up in the wrong sub forum. I have a 970x

Back