Firmware Update Issue

JWT

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am trying to update firmware from 1.1 0615 to 1.1 0629 but will not update, that is if the phone app is telling the truth. I have done the following:

A. Format SD card in the camera
B. Power down camera
C. Pull SD card from camera
D. Install SD card in computer card reader
E. Download firmware update (v0629)
F. Install firmware update onto SD card
G. Install SD card in camera
H. Power on camera

Once connected via wifi, the Viofo phone app is still telling that v1.1 0615 is still installed. I have done the above process three times but I get the same results. I even tried using the format tool that Viofo provides but I get the same result.

Does the Viofo phone app perhaps take awhile to populate the correct firmware version installed?

Appreciate any insight as to a fix……

Appreciate any insight
Once in a blue moon I will experience what you describe, when that happens I do this;
1.) Download firmware update from Official Viofo Website to my computer.
2.) Obtain unapproved / non-recommended “small capacity” SD Card, NOT used for recording dash cam video footage.
3.) Insert “small capacity” SD Card in my computer, and format.
4.) Transfer firmware update to SD Card.
5.) Insert SD Card in dash cam, and power up.

Attachments

• 1 .jpg
    1 .jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 1
I'm just stating the following to make sure no small step is missed in getting the updated firmware file on the memory card and loaded into the A139 Pro.

Make sure the v1.0_0629 firmware file is named "FWA139P.bin". Sometimes when a file is downloaded from the website to your computer, if that same filename already exists in the directory where the file is to be download to, Windows (assuming that's what you're using) will add a " (1)" or similar number in the filename to make the filename unique. If the name of the v1.0_0629 firmware file is anything other than FWA139P.bin, make sure it is named that on the memory card.

Make sure you copy the FWA139P.bin file to the root directory of the memory card's file system.

After copying the firmware file to the memory card, make sure to use the "Eject" function for the drive letter that is assigned to the memory card. The eject function flushes out any pending writes to the disk/memory card before it is unmounted.

When you power on the A139 Pro with the memory card in the card slot, there should be a short delay as the firmware is loaded with the "REC" LED blinking quick and slow. After that step completes, the dash camera should reboot. If the dash camera simply boots up without the delay to load the new firmware, the dash camera is not finding the file on the memory card.

After the firmware upgrade completes, it deletes the file from the memory card. If you still see the ".bin" file on the memory card, that's another indication it was not located by the firmware loader when the camera was powered up.

Well, *@^$, if that dont beat all!!! I went back to the Viofo web page under support and I don't find the 0629 version but the 0615 version. The 0629 version was there earlier this afternoon, how can that be!!!!

Does anyone have a link to the 0629 version? How frustrating!

Well, *@^$, if that dont beat all!!! I went back to the Viofo web page under support and I don't find the 0629 version but the 0615 version. The 0629 version was there earlier this afternoon, how can that be!!!!

I just checked on the A139 Pro support page and the firmware listed is still the v1.1_0629 firmware. I downloaded the file and compared it with the file I previously downloaded in August and it's the exact same file. The size is identical and the md5 checksum is the same.

1697926825183.png 1697926868535.png

The A139 Pro support page is located here: https://viofo.com/content/75-A139-Pro-Support/#Firmware

The direct firmware download link is: https://viofo.com//download/firmware/A139P/FWA139P.bin

I'm just stating the following to make sure no small step is missed in getting the updated firmware file on the memory card and loaded into the A139 Pro.

Make sure the v1.0_0629 firmware file is named "FWA139P.bin". Sometimes when a file is downloaded from the website to your computer, if that same filename already exists in the directory where the file is to be download to, Windows (assuming that's what you're using) will add a " (1)" or similar number in the filename to make the filename unique. If the name of the v1.0_0629 firmware file is anything other than FWA139P.bin, make sure it is named that on the memory card.

Make sure you copy the FWA139P.bin file to the root directory of the memory card's file system.

After copying the firmware file to the memory card, make sure to use the "Eject" function for the drive letter that is assigned to the memory card. The eject function flushes out any pending writes to the disk/memory card before it is unmounted.

When you power on the A139 Pro with the memory card in the card slot, there should be a short delay as the firmware is loaded with the "REC" LED blinking quick and slow. After that step completes, the dash camera should reboot. If the dash camera simply boots up without the delay to load the new firmware, the dash camera is not finding the file on the memory card.

After the firmware upgrade completes, it deletes the file from the memory card. If you still see the ".bin" file on the memory card, that's another indication it was not located by the firmware loader when the camera was powered up.
RCG530 Appreciate the help, after a few hours trying I used Panzer platform suggestion, and for whatever reason it worked so IDK......

Once in a blue moon I will experience what you describe, when that happens I do this;
1.) Download firmware update from Official Viofo Website to my computer.
2.) Obtain unapproved / non-recommended “small capacity” SD Card, NOT used for recording dash cam video footage.
3.) Insert “small capacity” SD Card in my computer, and format.
4.) Transfer firmware update to SD Card.
5.) Insert SD Card in dash cam, and power up.
Panzer Platform, For whatever reason your suggestion worked. I probably should have tried it sooner. Appreciate the help!

Apparently it was A139 and not "Pro"

Back