First Impressions

Peterbilt Pilot

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The GS1000 (clone) has performed flawlessly as far as the DVR goes but the GPS is not so good. There is a slight deviation in positioning having me run through the jungle so to speak, not showing the road I'm on. I've tried making sure that it gets a "lock" before moving. The picture quality is so so being unable to read license plates at the highest resolution. Firmware is U2.0.5 02HBA.
Any suggestions ? Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Peterbilt Pilot said:
The GS1000 (clone) has performed flawlessly as far as the DVR goes but the GPS is not so good. There is a slight deviation in positioning having me run through the jungle so to speak, not showing the road I'm on. I've tried making sure that it gets a "lock" before moving. The picture quality is so so being unable to read license plates at the highest resolution. Firmware is U2.0.5 02HBA.
Any suggestions ? Any and all help greatly appreciated.

is the GPS constantly out by the same amount, eg always 200 yards to the left or similar or is it totally random?

the picture quality on these cheaper ones is usually the result of the combination of a lower bitrate and a 4 glass lens

Thats disappointing. It was the most expensive in this style at the vendor. As far as the GPS, on the map inside the program I can see the hiway I'm supposed to be on but the plotter shows I'm off by maybe 500 or 1000 meters. This unit has a blue/grey menu. I've added a couple of screenshots showing typical errors. I may have to return this unit. The first pic is at least 30km out, the lower pic is start up point, it's at least 100km out.

Attachments

• Image1a.jpg
    Image1a.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 266
  • Image4a.jpg
    Image4a.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 266
What program are you using for playback and have you tried Registrator Viewer as an alternative? Registrator Viewer (I'd provide a link if I wasn't in the car on my phone, Google will find it) has some error correction built in which can often display these correctly, if not its a firmware addressable problem but you'll need to talk to your seller about that

my anti-virus doesn't like Registrator Viewer ...reports spyware or virus

Peterbilt Pilot said:
my anti-virus doesn't like Registrator Viewer ...reports spyware or virus

It's a false positive, the functionality of the program pulling info from a 3rd party website, checking for updates from a Russian website etc will trigger your AV program, it's safe to use but you'd probably have to setup an exception rule in your AV program to use it, once you do that though you're good to go, of all the playback options you have it would be the best one by far

OK downloaded that and the codec pack ( loaded with junk ) and the GPS displays correctly, however, the video opens in a separate window. What's up with that ? Any help greatly appreciated. Also switched to a class 10 card. Will be testing today. Lastly, Video recorded last 2 days was incomplete with only 2 Video files, about 3 gig each (32gb card) In spite of being plugged in continuously. Recycle is turned off. Auto Off is off. Motion detect off.To keep camera recording all the time what do I have to do ?

Not sure about your video in a seperate window, would have to see a screen shot to know what you mean

If you have recycle turned off it will stop recording once the card fills up, it may trip up if you hit file size limitations also, turning recycle on would certainly be a good idea

Hello again. It seems that I have resolved all issues, thanks for the advice. I notice that the files created on cam have a prefix of amb, what does this indicate ?

Peterbilt Pilot said:
Hello again. It seems that I have resolved all issues, thanks for the advice. I notice that the files created on cam have a prefix of amb, what does this indicate ?

AMB prefix is the default on Ambarella chipset, no particular meaning

Back