First proper outing with the camera and this happens...

I'm still waiting on a reply for a sports car driver doing an estimated (by me) 130mph in a 50mph roadworks zone.

Be interesting to hear the result of that one, I suspect they would need to take it to court, which they might be a bit reluctant to do...
Disappointing outcome: No further action.
Why? Because they didn't process it in enough time.

Disappointing outcome: No further action.
Why? Because they didn't process it in enough time.
Probably means that it did need to go to court, so they couldn't just press the "Send Fixed Penalty Notice" button on the computer!
Shouldn't take much effort to send the notice of intended prosecution, but maybe that has to go from a different department.

At least they got back to you with the outcome, although I think that is mandatary these days after lots of complaints from people who wanted to know that their efforts were taken seriously and worthwhile. The more the system gets used, the better it will get.

I remember some users with negative attention to H265 codec and opinion that it may cause problems then send video to police due it may be not supported on police PC. Do you have some troubles with it (Vantrue N4 Pro always record with H265 codec)?

I remember some users with negative attention to H265 codec and opinion that it may cause problems then send video to police due it may be not supported on police PC. Do you have some troubles with it (Vantrue N4 Pro always record with H265 codec)?
In UK there is no problem using H265. it is possible that a local police computer can't support it, but the police forensics unit will support almost anything and can convert.
In other countries, yes there could still be issues.

However I don't see any significant advantage of using H265 instead of H264, so I recommend everyone continues to use H264, if their camera supports it.

In UK there is no problem using H265. it is possible that a local police computer can't support it, but the police forensics unit will support almost anything and can convert.
In other countries, yes there could still be issues.

However I don't see any significant advantage of using H265 instead of H264, so I recommend everyone continues to use H264, if their camera supports it.
Any problem submitting via a YouTube link?

Most police forces like you to upload the original unmodified files to the police server. I'm sure if you witnessed an accident involving a death then they would accept a YouTube link or just about anything else, and if a police officer asks you for video then he will probably be happy with Youtube, but for sending in a more minor issue, as in post #1, I doubt that they would take any action without original files straight from the camera and uploaded to the police server, since it would require validation and archiving of the evidence rather than just pushing the "send fixed fine" button!

They will take action if it is quick and easy, and there is good evidence provided in the approved way, otherwise it is probably not worth the effort of sending it in.

Note to anybody thinking of reporting an event to the Police:
Report it as soon as is convenient, preferably within 24 hours. The longer you leave it, the less likely that the police will get around to doing anything with it, since they do have a limited time to notify the driver of intended prosecution.

Back